114 5th Ave (22114), United States of America, New York, New York
Lead Service Designer - Consumer Card & Bank Experience Design
The Consumer Card and Bank Experience Design team at Capital One is at the forefront of enriching our customers' digital and physical experiences. We're passionate about creating seamless customer experiences across credit card products, bank accounts, and all other Capital One touchpoints. We champion a thriving environment of collaboration, authenticity, and healthy critique, in which we honor diversity of thought, create a culture of belonging, and elevate one another. If you're an innovator and storyteller who embraces an environment where you can experiment, learn, and change banking for good, we'd love to hear from you.
** About the Role: **
We are currently seeking a *Lead Service Designer* to join our team. We are passionate about human centered design methods advocating for user needs and delivering world-class products that redefine our customers day-to-day financial activities. If you're an innovator and storyteller who embraces an environment where you can experiment, learn, and change banking for good, we would love to hear from you.
** What You'll Do: **
As a leader and maker, you'll be asked to handle a variety of responsibilities, including:
*Strategy & Planning*
* Collaborating with technology, product, and business teams to uncover customer and business needs - then translating them into intuitive and engaging digital experiences
* Leading in translating complex ideas into understandable concepts that evolve and enhance the product and service experiences
* Engaging in portfolio prioritization to help set the strategy for the team
* Managing through shifting priorities to provide clear direction and input on product definition
* Advocating for the customer through human centered design methodologies (such as: design research, service blueprinting, collaborative work session design and facilitation, rapid prototyping, and frameworking) to strategically define ideal banking experiences across in-person and digital touchpoints
* Creating and facilitating design led workshops to engage and build alignment across different partners and teams
* Championing prioritization of design centered product enhancements grounded in research and analysis
* Connecting with design community peers by learning, sharing, and teaching
*Lead & Develop Teams*
* Building and leading successful teams by mentoring, coaching, and elevating others
* Guiding team members in strategy, research, alignment, analysis, and content design execution tasks
* Leading your team through career development plans to encourage talent growth
*Discovery & Delivery*
* Supporting early product definition by working with partners to participate in discovery sessions that uncover customer pain points and opportunities
* Demonstrated leadership and aptitude in service design methods
* Creating new service design tools and methods, and leading others in the process
* Participating in end-to-end product and experience design by:
* Working with researchers to understand customer needs and define opportunities through usability and empathy studies
* Audit existing and blueprint new digital and in-person experiences, identifying opportunities and solutions for improvement and experimentation
* Creating process and user flows, journey maps and interaction models, resulting in low to high fidelity prototypes, artifacts, and tools
* Designing within existing - and creating new - standards to contribute to our internal design system, best practices, and guidelines
* Supporting effective storytelling and presentation of visual concepts to various stakeholders
* Partnering in creating high-fidelity design assets for acceptance, development, and delivery to market in partnership with technology colleagues
* At least 5 years of applied Service Design experience
* At least 5 years of experience creating prototypes at all levels of fidelity
* At least 3 years of experience with service design methodologies and defining product requirements.
* At least 3 years of experience designing digital products or omni-channel services
* Master's degree in Design or Master's degree in Human-Computer Interaction
* Background in Psychology, Anthropology or Sociology
* Background in UX or experience working closely with UX designers
* Experience with standard digital design tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, InVision, etc.)
* A proven record of coordinating a team to deliver a vision or strategy you've helped articulate.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).