What We're Looking For
Leads and manages various environmental tasks and/or projects. Provides expert technical guidance and assistance in geology, hydrology, chemistry, biology or other related sciences for all phases of projects, including planning, investigation, design and construction activities.
Primary Focus Will Include:
- Management and preparation of environmental documentation for transportation projects, with a specific focus on Indianapolis transportation clients.
- Management and preparation of various local, state, and federal regulatory permit applications, including Section 404/401, Construction in a Floodway, and Rule 5 permits.
- Provide oversight, technical guidance, and review of work products developed by junior staff.
- Assist in preparation of proposals, including scopes of work, fee proposals, and LOIs/RFPs.
- Conduct ecological field investigations and document results through preparation of required technical reports.
- Client and regulatory agency coordination.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrated prior INDOT environmental experience
- Proficiency in ArcMap and/or other GIS programs
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team structure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- CEP certification
What You'll Need
- Responsible for development of the project scope and fee quotation and assists in the preparation of technical proposals and contracts in accordance with HNTB's Sophisticated Contracting Approach (SCA).
- Serves as the primary client liaison and manages the project team to deliver the scope, schedule, and budgets to completion and to the client's satisfaction. Assists with client project scoping and contract negotiations.
- Leads and prepares design documents, technical plans, written reports on projects.
- Implements the firm's project delivery plan using HNTB's Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA) on each project. Leads the development and the execution of the project management plan. Supervises and mentors team to overall project objectives.
- Performs coordination with managers on project staffing, including, but not limited to; recruitment, hiring, development, retention, and succession of project staff; development of plan for project staff reporting; and support for performance and compensation reviews.
- Partners with Client Service Leaders and pursuit champions to assist with business development, building client relationships and pursuit efforts for strategic and mini-mega projects in accordance with HNTB's Sophisticated Sales Approach (SSA). Works with the project team and marketing resources to prepare appropriate proposal and presentation materials. Leads proposal development and interview presentations for strategic and mini-mega projects to the client as well as general presentations within the industry and community.
- May be responsible for the recruitment, hiring, development and retention of staff, including development of plan for staff reporting, performance and compensation reviews, and succession.
- Typically responsible for management of project team(s) for one or more strategic (<$1M) projects, or may lead and/or work as a discipline lead on a mini-mega ($1M to <$5M) project management team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Planning, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, Engineering, Geology, Biology, Environmental Science, Anthropology, Archaeology, or related field and 8 years relevant experience
- 2 years of task management or Deputy PM experience
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
R-07174 Full Time #JK #EnvironmentalPlanning #ProjectManager
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees.
At HNTB, we are harnessing the power of collaboration and innovation to establish a new vision for the future of mobility across our country. You don't have to look far to see our impact. For more than a century, HNTB's spark has connected people and places, expanded opportunity, and left a lasting impact on our communities. Our culture of integrity and inclusion, combined with groundbreaking solutions, has affirmed our reputation and positioned our firm as the industry leader in delivering extraordinary value.
When you join HNTB, you are joining an employee-owned firm founded on the values of integrity, collaboration, personal accountability, respect for others, and the development of all employees. We are committed to the continual improvement of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We encourage our employees to bring their whole and authentic selves to work, provide them a meaningful welcoming environment where they are valued, celebrated and respected. Diversity of thought and unique perspectives drives innovation, engagement and retention, which makes HNTB better and brings value to our clients and our communities.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
HNTB does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. We will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
Reasonable Accommodations - If you are an individual with a disability or limited English proficiency and need assistance or an accommodation, please email ReasonableAccommodations@HNTB.com or call 816-527-2600.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).
Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is typically not available for entry level positions.
- HNTB participates in E-Verify
- Know your rights: Right to Work