As a Senior Manager of Consumer Strategy & Insights - Fine Wine & Craft Spirits, you will play a critical role in driving strategic consumer insights programs and projects that support our high-end brands' priorities, growth, and long-range plans. This is a role where you will envision and create learning agendas to address the dynamic needs of the high-end Wine & Spirits business and instill consumer-centricity within the brand teams. You will organize and galvanize cross-functional teams to embed insights into day-to-day work as well as tackling big challenges ideas.
This role requires coordinating within the Strategy & Insights team, across the centralized CoE, and in conjunction with third parties to define and resource high value business use cases, while overseeing the execution of research and analysis that provokes action. This role has one direct report, reports to the Director of Consumer Strategy & Insights, and collaborates closely with the Wine & Spirits general management team.Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Own the learning plan on behalf of our Fine Wine and Craft Spirts brands and direct-to-consumer business - focused on building capabilities to deliver rapid, high impact, recommendations to brand and cross-functional leaders. Learning plans may include consumer research to influence:
- Brand Strategy (jobs-to-be-done, brand architecture, growth targets & current targets, etc.)
- Brand Foundation (awareness & usage, lapsed user analysis, etc.)
- Communication & Creative Strategy (assessment of campaign territories, claims & messaging, etc.)
- Execute research and analysis in an agile manner while developing insights through own interpretation of the data and validating vendor perspectives and recommendations.
- Embed a holistic view of human insights within the team and among business partners and stakeholders by providing a strong, objective perspective on the "voice of the consumer" and removing blinders and biases through data and storytelling.
- Partner with Marketing, Innovation, and Ventures to anticipate what's next from a cultural and consumer lens and apply that to prioritized initiatives including new product lines, consumer targeting, and communications.
- Address complex business problems with pace, questioning conventional wisdom, distilling relevant information into insights and implications that answer the ever-critical question: "So What?."
- Ensure market research and analysis efforts are effectively "translated" to actionable insights for our brands teams and organization more broadly (performance will be measured on the ability to use insights to influence decisions and drive value for our businesses).
- Influence and impact decision-making across all brands, ensuring alignment between division and consumer goals and objectives
This role is multi-faceted and requires analytical, strategic, and interpersonal skill sets:
- 10+ years professional experience in Marketing Research, Consumer Insights, and/or Strategy/Strategic Management consulting; work in CPG or beverage alcohol industries is a plus
- Experience working for a digitally native consumer business and/or a direct-to-consumer high-end business
- Experience leading a team that will weave quantitative research, qualitative research, customer experience, and advanced analytics to unlock new business opportunities and growth for the enterprise.
- Solid understanding of qualitative, quantitative, and advanced analytic research methodologies and suppliers (including new approaches)
- Proven track record of delivering on objectives - from structuring work, people and interdependences; prioritizing; executing under tight timeframes and presenting and influencing outcomes based on learnings
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills that drive actionable insights with senior leaders and nontechnical audiences.
- Strategic thinker, flexible problem solver, great listener, and team orientation.
- Able to effectively communicate a vision and inspire others to innovate.
- Ability to effectively deal with levels of ambiguity-can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, comfortably handles risk and uncertainty.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Master's degree in Marketing, Strategy, Marketing Research, or related field (e.g., Psychology, Anthropology, Behavioral/Cognitive Science)
- Experience leading insights for a high-end beverage alcohol portfolio of brands
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods.
- Lifting may be required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, an average of 20%
San Francisco, CaliforniaAdditional LocationsJob Type
Full timeJob Area
Insights & InnovationEqual Opportunity
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).