PEAK is looking for a UX Researcher for a F500 client in San Diego. This is a 12 month contract that is requires the person to be onsite.
We seek a Research Coordinator/Research Assistant/Research Tools & Tech Technician to join our team. The role will focus on administrative duties of performing research studies for the games we support and the management of our lab spaces. The right person for this role is organized, flexible, independent, analytical, and friendly in how they approach their work. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participant management for research studies. Supporting recruiting process, emailing recruiting vendors, creating screener questionnaires for recruitment, escorting participants on campus, and processing participant NDAs.
- Develop, manage, and evolve our research participant database for recruiting participants.
- Maintain research lab facilities. Maintain inventory of lab supplies. Restock lab supplies as needed.
- Resolve lab tech issues and evolve technical set up of lab spaces. Engage in improving lab spaces and research capabilities. Create and/or update documentation of lab facilities.
- Organize research team documents and reports both internal to the research team and to the wider studio.
- Assist with administering of in person research studies, playtests, field research, and longer-term diary studies. Requirements:
- This is an entry level role.
- Pursuit and/or completion of college degree.
- Flexible. Ability to work a flexible schedule to fit research needs (in person at our San Diego office, work occasionally evenings, work occasionally weekends)
- Independent. Able to self-organize tasks to work toward a goal even without detailed instruction.
- Analytical. Able to break down technical problems and find solutions or find people that can create solutions.
- Organized. Able to create organization in research documentation and in lab spaces to aid research team.
- Applicants must be fully vaccinated to be eligible for this role. A portion of the work for this role requires the employee to be at our San Diego campus.
- Experience in an admin related role
- Experience in technical support role. Experienced with diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing technology products
- Pursuit and/or completion of college degree in a relevant degree (psychology, HCI, cognitive science, anthropology, sociology, etc)
- Approachable, friendly, customer service like demeanor
- Familiarity with game development, agile, and scrum processes