Rincon Consultants, Inc. is seeking qualified Archaeological Field Technicians
for projects throughout California. Candidates with professional archaeological field experience are preferred. Candidates should be familiar with the practical requirements of archaeological survey, site recording, evaluation, and monitoring. Familiarity with the applications of CEQA and NEPA are preferred. What Do You Get To Do In This Position:
This Job Might Be For You If You Have The Following:
- Assist Archaeological Project Managers and Field Directors during archaeological tasks that can include survey, site recording, evaluation, monitoring, and laboratory studies
- Preparing written information such as site forms and report sections
- Work closely with other cultural resources staff, Rincon's clients and Native American representatives
- Other duties as required by supervisor(s)
- Bachelor's degree in archaeology, anthropology, or a closely related field
- At least one (1) year of professional experience identifying, documenting, and evaluating cultural resources of significance (A Master's degree may be used in lieu of one year of field experience)
- Must be able to work independently and make on-the-ground decisions during monitoring and other fieldwork
- Experience with Trimble and/or Garmin GPS data collection
- Must be able to hike 10-12 miles per day in often difficult terrain and harsh weather conditions while carrying 25 lbs.
- Availability to work extended field rotations (10-12 days at a time)
- Ability to travel without restrictions and have reliable means of transportation
- Strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with California prehistoric and historical cultural resources and the culture history of California
- Experience working with utilities (Southern California Edison, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, San Diego Gas and Electric, Gas Company, etc.)
- Field experience in California
Rincon Consultants, Inc. is an award-winning leader in providing quality environmental consulting services throughout California. Recognized as the #1 ‘Best Environmental Services Firm to Work For' by the Zweig Group in 2021. We partner with clients in sectors such as transportation, energy and infrastructure, oil and gas, water, commercial, private development, and government. Our 300+ associates in 13 offices located in Northern, Central and Southern California are dedicated professionals who combine their passion with our purpose. If hired, we require proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Rincon Consultants, Inc does not accept unsolicited applicant/candidate resumes from search firm recruiters and/or temporary agencies that do not have a signed contract and specified work order with Rincon Consultants. Further, such resumes received will be deemed the sole property of Rincon Consultants and no fees will be paid in the event Rincon Consultants subsequently hires such individual. Rincon Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Powered by JazzHR