Location: New York City, NY
Description: Role: UX Researcher New York
Long Term Contract
Top 3 must-have skills/requirements: Consumer Insights, Design Research, UX research experience. I am NOT looking for a designer who has some research experience. I am also not looking for any candidate whose research experience is all from academia and I do not want PHD candidates.
Candidates can work remotely if we find the absolute perfect candidate, But ideally we want them closer to the office. We are all starting to go into the office more and more and if they stay with us for awhile and work out, then they will need to come into the office, likely starting in late fall or by end of year.
Definite possibility of extension beyond initial 3 month assignment. Assignment will be extended depending on project/job scope. This is meant to be a long term contract, we can just only update things on 3 month increments.
- Education: College education, there are not requirements here - but anything in research, design arts, anthropology and psychology are especially great, but honestly their education isn't going to be what makes them qualified. It is their work experience.
- How many years of experience is required: 6+ years in RESEARCH. Not 6 years of professional experience with a few years of research. (i.e. they were a designer for a few years, and then a researcher for a few years. ) We are looking for RESEARCH first people. i.e their roles have been in research.
Job Description -
In this role you will be helping design the future. Using research as a catalyst you will be evaluating people, their tools (in the form of product and tech), how well their tools are working for them, their goals in using these tools, people's broader goals and aspirations, their UX interactions, trends in the world and in user groups, mapping the landscape of existing technology, and researching emerging technology all in order to pinpoint future needs and possibilities.
This role is half research, and half translation - a significant part of the work will be thinking about the implications of what we have learned on what is possible. This will include working with designers or other product folks to brainstorm possibilities.
Responsibilities and Necessary Skills
Working with a small research team, leveraging a variety of approaches and resources to conduct research that feeds new innovation design group. Taking insight and translating into output in the form of decks and/or workshop material that will be used in development of new experiences, interactions, use cases, and products. Will also do workshopping/brainstorming with design groups and throughout representing the voice and needs of the user.
• Heavy front-end strategy/category/product development research versus back-end product development research.
• A-Z experience with research - having hands-on, custom research, DIY approach. (Vendors might be used with some projects or recruitment agencies but expect projects where you will be setting the goals of research, creating discussion guides, screeners, survey's plugging things into tools like Qualtrics or D-Scout, analyzing interviews, maybe some facilitation of interviews, organizing and giving direction for stimulus (as needed) analyzing results (both qual. And quant.) Crafting findings in some kind of document and/or creating some kind of output (ex. moodboards) that are a catalyst for brainstorming.
• Research approach will be a mix and may include: Usability Testing, Category Mapping, features deep diving, Jobs to be done evaluations, competitive benchmarking research, Segmentation, Lifestyle research/deep dives, Trend's analysis and forecasting etc.
• Comfortable working remote
• Experience working with product makers - from designers to product managers to engineers
• A self-starter, driven, strong relationship builder, passionate about learning and making a difference
• Good analytical approach with experience in using data/content in a qualitative and quantitative format (heavy statistical modeling etc. not required.)
Please send your updated resume to email@example.com
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com