Juul Labs' mission is to impact the lives of the world's one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world's most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world's best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details. ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is looking for an outstanding Senior UX Researcher to join the growing User Experience Research team. The Senior UX Researcher will partner closely with product, design, and engineering to research and inform the design of the most effective and delightful user experiences across our current and future product offerings. This role will work on both the Hardware and the Software sides of the organization and would suit someone with a wide range of interests and with exceptional collaborative abilities. The role will be best practiced by someone who can use a wide range of research methods to gather and synthesise user feedback into actionable insights and product design that builds deep empathy with our users. The Senior UX Researcher should be able to move from high level research questions at the business level to research moderation (when necessary), through to the analysis and aligning stakeholders to specific product recommendations. The Senior Researcher will work collaboratively on a variety of programs to:
- Set strategy for UX optimization within project constraints
- Align internal stakeholders on strategy, high level research questions and research design
- Employ a wide range of UX research methods including qualitative user interviews, focus groups, surveys, usability evaluations and prototype testing.
- Create study protocols and IRB submissions
- Ensure studies align with Legal, Regulatory, Toxicology, Product Integrity and Compliance policies
- Engage third party vendors for the most targeted and optimal research design and execution
- Collaboratively aligning resources with Firmware, Hardware, Software and Logistics
- Actively moderate UX studies with participants
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data from studies
- Prepare external reports, when needed, for FDA discussions
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Outstanding portfolio of UXR focused work samples for HW and/or SW (preferably both) underpinned by a solid grounding of user-centered design principles, UX standards and fundamental user behaviors
- 5-7 years of experience in UX Research for on-market products (preferably in-house); experience with connected devices a plus
- Practical, outcomes-oriented approach to design research; can demonstrate how research informed product design
- Ability to design, conduct, and manage user tests from end-to-end.
- Knowledge of the sprint process and human-centered design.
- Ability to apply a mix of qualitative and quantitative research methods, and know which tools to use when.
- Expertise in a wide range of user testing methodologies including qualitative interviews, focus groups, surveys, usability evaluations, and prototype testing
- Self-starter and leader in research, who can see where research is needed and create a plan of action, with clear objectives and KPIs
- Exceptional cross-collaborative ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders with specific knowledge and objectives to achieve a common goal
- Clear, structured thinking, and exceptional communication of the "so what" across product, engineering, and other design stakeholders
- Experience in software development a plus
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Master's degree program for HCI, Information Technology, Design Research, Cultural Anthropology or other related field a plus
- A place to grow your career. We'll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
Juul Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Juul Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Juul Labs in the US.