Archaeology Laboratory Technician
Req ID 1995
Archaeology Laboratory Technician
Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We're looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That's why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for on-call, Part-Time Archaeology Laboratory Technicians for our Kansas City, MO office. Be involved in projects with our Earth & Environment Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges. Work is expected to be located primarily in the local regions, with additional opportunities to work in other states as needed.
We are looking for a dedicated, self-motivated individual wishing to provide quality archaeological services in a heritage resource management context.
- Processing of artifacts, including washing, analysis, and labeling
- Ensuring artifact provenience information is correct, complete, and maintained throughout all stages of laboratory processing
- Assisting with curation preparation, as directed
- Processing samples, such as soil flotation, as directed
- Other lab, office, or field-related duties as assigned
- Performs work in a laboratory setting with indoor and outdoor work areas
- Adjusting to project and/or task assignments that may change quickly and/or frequently
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or related field
- Completion of an archaeological field school OR at least three months previous field and/or lab experience
- Experience in North American archaeology is preferred
- Must be able to stand and sit for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (including Access, Excel, and Word) and artifact database maintenance is highly desirable
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Required Education: High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum Years Experience: 0-2 years
- Travel Required: 40%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Part
- Primary Location: KANSAS CITY - WYANDOTTE ST
- All locations: US-MO-Kansas City
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.