We currently have an opening for a User Researcher with the Advanced Concepts group at our Innovation Center. This is a full-time salaried position in Anderson, South Carolina.
As a User Researcher, you would develop research objectives, identify the appropriate research methods, facilitate user research sessions with participants, analyze study data, and synthesize data into actionable user insights.
Advanced Concepts is an interdisciplinary group focused on product innovation and design; the group is comprised of designers, engineers, and researchers who jointly work to develop user-focused product concepts.
- Design and execute multi-faceted research plans. The research will typically focus on qualitative research methods, including job site observation, ethnographic research, product usability testing, and prototype evaluation.
- A general understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research methods (and when to use each) would be beneficial for this role.
- Understand the root cause in user attitudes and behaviors to garner actionable product design insights.
- Analyze and synthesize research findings to inform opportunities for new products, additional features, and related business advantages.
- Present research findings in an engaging and concise manner to key project stakeholders. You will need to be able to communicate research findings effectively in write-ups, presentations, and meetings.
- Maintain, and grow, our network of do-it-yourself (DIY) and professional research participants. Establishing strong relationships with our end users, and growing our participant outreach capabilities, is critical to our research.
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Human Factors, Industrial Design, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, etc).
- A Master's degree in a user research focused discipline (Human Factors Psychology, Engineering Psychology, etc.,) is highly preferred.
- A strong grade point average is preferred.
- Prior experience in similar research roles is a plus.
- Prior experience in user research roles is highly preferred.
- Prior experience in behavioral research is preferred (academia or industry).
We would like someone who is:
- Curious -- we think that an inquisitive nature is an important trait for a research role
- Sociable -- you would be meeting and working closely with participants, the ability to build a rapport quickly with others is essential
- Self-starting -- we have many ongoing projects, the successful applicant would be able to work, at times, with a high level of autonomy and independence
- Collaborative -- the Advanced Concept team is truly interdisciplinary (researchers, designers, and engineers) and we work closely with many other teams; you would need to be able to communicate effectively with stakeholders in various roles to be successful
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
TTI is a world-class leader in design, manufacturing and marketing of power tools and accessories, outdoor product equipment and floor care for consumers, professional and industrial users in the home improvement, repair and construction industries. Our unrelenting strategic focus on powerful brands, innovative products, operational excellence and exceptional people drives our culture. This focus and drive provides TTI with a powerful platform for sustainable leadership and strong growth.
Our brands and products are recognized worldwide for their deep heritage, superior quality, outstanding performance and compelling innovation. Our products include professional power tools and accessories, outdoor power equipment and floor care. Our brands include Milwaukee®, HART®, AEG®, Ryobi®, Homelite®, Oreck®, Hoover®, Dirt Devil® and Vax®.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you need to contact us regarding technical accessibility of our website call 443-391-1542. This number is only for technical accessibility issues, not general employment or job posting inquiries.