Are you looking for a career with a growing company and the opportunity to help build the role of Design Research as a core competency for a business? Looking for a challenging and quick paced environment? Then look no further than our Design Researcher role for Milwaukee Tool.
Milwaukee Tool is an industry-leading manufacturer of heavy-duty power tools, accessories and hand tools for professional users worldwide.
Since the company began in 1924, Milwaukee Tool has led the industry in both durability and performance.? With an unwavering commitment to the trades, Milwaukee continues to lead with a focus on providing innovative, trade-specific solutions.? Whether it is through their leadership in LITHIUM-ION technology, as seen in the M12™, M18™ & M28™ Systems, time-saving accessories or innovative hand tool products,?Milwaukee is dedicated to delivering a steady stream of advanced solutions for the trades that offer increased productivity and unmatched durability.
To do this, Milwaukee takes the time to work side by side with real craftsman to understand the demands of a constantly changing workplace and how they can best deliver solutions that help the user work both faster and smarter. Milwaukee knows that professional users sweat the small stuff, and so do they. They pay attention to the small details that make a big difference. This user focus not only leads to solutions for real jobsite challenges, but fuels the disruptive innovation seen across all product lines.
Milwaukee offers benefits on your first day of work (health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k) and an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria, state of the art fitness facility, organized fitness classes, recreational sports leagues and company outings.
You must be permanently eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship for this position.
Associate Design Researcher
The Design Research team at Milwaukee Tool sits within a collaborative user-centered design and technology development group focused on the fuzzy front end of product development. We are tasked with informing the entrepreneurial spirit of the company, influencing and inspiring the direction of the business through strategic and functional findings. In this role you will learn by doing, assisting higher-level Design Researchers in all phases of the Concept process and working within a collaborative and diverse team of Engineers, Industrial Designers, and Product Managers to inspire and influence new solutions for the construction industry.
- You are comfortable approaching potential research participants (e.g., on a construction site) to introduce yourself and engage in observation and open-ended lines of questioning
- You are curious, not just about your research topic but also the company, your co-workers, and your process
- You are ready to jump in with both feet to try new methods and learn from your mistakes
- You are comfortable working in ambiguous situations where the next step is not always clear
- You are proactive and open to changing your approach on the fly based on new information
- You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- You are a team player, focused on bringing the team along on the journey
- You have passion for the importance of user insights in the product development process and are ready to champion those insights
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office, with some experience with editing video and 2D software (ex: QuickTime, Adobe Creative Suite)
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Industrial Design, Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology, or Engineering
- 25-40% overnight domestic travel
- Upon an interview, you will be expected to present on a school or internship research project and communicate your process and methods used
Milwaukee Tool is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you need to contact us regarding technical accessibility of our website call 443-391-1542. This number is only for technical accessibility issues, not general employment or job posting inquiries.