Designer, User Experience
BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Designer, User Experience
for an opportunity - Newton, MA (WFH until further notice)Job Title: Designer, User ExperienceLocation: Newton, MA (WFH until further notice)Anticipated start date: ASAPDuration: 4 Months Contract
The UX Lead plays a critical role in helping Sallie Mae become a best-in-class consumer financial services company. The ideal candidate is a senior generalist who has a deep desire to improve customers experience with our loan application platform. This individual is experienced enough to quickly grasp the complexities of transactional ubiquitous applications (web and mobile), but also possess a curious mind, and doesn't miss an opportunity to learn and inspire others. This individual will do what's right for the company and its customers. As a UX Lead, you will be a leader in a high-performing and innovative group of strategists, content writers, researchers, and developers driven to help define and deliver game-changing, end-to-end digital experiences that simplify the complex across digital platforms and devices. You will partner closely with stakeholders in Product, IT, Marketing, Operations, and Analytics to achieve high-value results, and position design effectively to pursue and deliver innovative, experience-led product strategies. A UX Lead is instrumental in creating interaction models, validating UX recommendations and developing prototypes that can be tested with customers and prospects online or in person. You'll be a key contributor and a mentor in the design Agile team with analyzing business hypotheses and features, validating design recommendations, creating wireframes and prototypes to support design to code implementation. You are an ideal candidate, if you love what you do, are energized by solving customer and business problems to deliver elegant design solutions, would like to shape our culture with your contagious enthusiasm. You have a proven record, curious minded, challenge driven, and results oriented with a desire to improve things. You are skilled at human-centered design and UX practices and have a critical eye for design quality. What You Have Minimum: Indicate minimum education, skills and experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in human factors, behavioral sciences, anthropology, or engineering is preferred, but not eliminatory.
- 8+ years' experience as a UX designer for consumer and/or business-to-business web-based products or enterprise applications, with an emphasis on complex interaction design systems.
- 5+ years of experience working on financial or highly transactional digital sites
- 5+ years of experience designing for mobile first and native applications
- 3+ years of experience managing UX/UI designers
- Applied knowledge of user-centered design principles and interaction design best practices.
- Deep experience working with business and technical teams, to understand and translate project requirements. * Demonstrated ability to lead collaborative UX design sessions.
- Superior ability to ask appropriate questions and persuasively convey design solutions to a broad range of stakeholders: marketing, product management, engineering, executive management, etc.
- Demonstrated experience using web-analytics and voice-of customer data to inform UX design decisions and measure design impact of user behavior.
- Direct experience with usability testing (E.g., observation and analysis, test-script creation, moderating). * Demonstrated experience using qualitative and quantitative data to inform design decisions and measure design impact of user behavior.
- Knowledge of SEO and Accessibility (WCAG Compliance) standards
- Responsive and Mobile App design experience is required
Ability to thrive in fast paced, dynamic environment •
What You'll Do Description % of Time Spent Leadership and Execution
- Establish the vision, strategy and execution of the solution, including: site maps, information architecture, concept models, user personas or profiles, user scenarios, wireframes, task flows, site inventory, interaction design modeling and specifications.
- Apply working knowledge of design patterns while being able to make recommendations for better design and user experience based on industry best practices.
- Demonstrate outstanding ability to balance business goals and user needs in the production of the interactive design solutions.
- Work closely with the marketing and product development team to augment and synthesize business requirements.
50% Promote Collaboration
- Facilitate group collaboration and drive team to consensus. Cultivate an environment where others feel valued regardless of their organizational level, experience or background. Feedback and feedforward are equally important to successful outcomes.
- Plan and facilitate Design Thinking workshops
15% User Experience Design Analysis
- Internalize user needs by gathering requirements, user research and competitive and best-practices research, site metrics, voice-of-the-customer, and industry trends.
- Reviews processes and workflows to identify efficiencies and opportunities for enhancements and/or automation.
- Transform complex problems into simple and understandable solutions. Communicate those solutions to leaders and peers.
10% Manage Usability Tests
- Conduct and manage usability testing to validate web and mobile design solutions, and apply research findings accordingly.
10% Mentor and Educate Others
- Mentor team members and educate web channel peers on user experience best practices. Inspire and empower associates to drive value-added activity and growth.
- Lead UX team through a process of defining personas, user journeys, process flows, storyboards, wireframes, high-fidelity designs, and prototypes.
- Manage the design process, drive external and internal team decisions, track risks and issues, and collaborate to estimate team resourcing and scheduling
15% What You Need to Succeed
Being focused on our customer helps us to deliver a lasting impression and instill trust. Through collaboration and teamwork, we are able to communicate effectively across departments leading to better decision quality. We hold ourselves to the highest standards ensuring accountability in all we do to deliver on our mission and shared values. A leader at Sallie Mae will need to be strategic with their teams to achieve our corporate goals. Their ability to drive our vision and purpose amongst their teams and helping them to develop to the next level of talent will be imperative. Being able to adapt to situations quickly and effectively will foster a positive proactive work environment and result in a leader being successful at Sallie Mae.
Need to bring on a mid level UX resourceAbout BCforward:
BCforward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 153186 when responding to this ad.