Applications will be accepted through December 4th, 2021.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Computer Science, Information Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of professional experience in UX or 13 years with an advanced degree.
- Experience directing/mentoring a multi-functional UX team.
- Excellent portfolio that demonstrates creative range, innovative thinking and experience in creating new and delightful experiences based on user insights.
- Experience at both agency/design firms and technology-based product companies.
- Experience with developing, pitching, and ultimately shipping breakthrough work that elevates product experience.
- Ability to present and explain UX decisions and direction to senior stakeholders across the company.
In this role, you will ensure that all consumers have access to quality content through advertising. As the lead of researchers and designers, you will partner with Product Management, Engineering, Sales, gTech and more to protect the health of the open web, apps and creators globally. In this role, you will combine a deep understanding of the user with business acumen and ability to drive excellent product development. Your work will influence product strategy, hone our identity, and motivate teams to push the boundaries of what's possible. You will identify connections between teams and products, working across product areas to ensure the future is a place where all can thrive.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products' unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google's philosophy: "Focus on the user and all else will follow."
- Drive high-impact design projects from concept to production: help define, deliver, and implement a future vision for the experience of our products
- Work closely with Program Management, UX Experience, Product Management, and Engineering to effectively communicate the value of research, content and design
- Advocate for coherence and simplicity across Google and inspire, empower, and grow members of a diverse team of UX talent
- Drive engagement efforts with stakeholder groups to focus on principles of diversity, equity and inclusion in product development
- Build strong bridges across Google's UX and product teams
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy (https://careers.google.com/eeo/) and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form (https://goo.gl/forms/aBt6Pu71i1kzpLHe2) .