At Harrison and Star, Strategic Planning's primary role is to develop a growth roadmap that shapes and energizes our clients' brands. Our team includes cultural anthropologists, futurists, market research specialists, and commercialization strategists. They are code-breakers, market navigators, and story generators - but most of all, they are provocateurs-at-heart. If this description fits you, then let's get to know each other.
We are seeking an insightful, creative thinker who can serve as an envoy into our customer's minds, our brand's market, and our market's challenges and opportunities. You have a fascination for medicine and health, are unafraid of immersing him/herself into the nuances of the category and brand, loves the lure of understanding what makes our healthcare providers and patients tick, and is curious about finding the achilles heel and blind spots of our competitors. You stay on top of current market trends and are well-read about interesting marketing strategies and tactics.
In this role, you will be involved in all aspects of brand strategy including analyzing the brand's data and market trends, listening to and perhaps shaping market research, providing input into brand strategy, participating in developing brand positioning and identity, helping to stage inspiring workshops to solve brand challenges. You take pride in your work, are sharp in your thinking, assertive in your point of view, and takes initiative in getting a strategic project done well. You know what great looks like and are unafraid in taking the steps necessary to deliver against it. Primary Job Responsibilities Intellectual Capital:
Working closely with an experienced planner:
- Develop an immersive understanding on your brand's market dynamics, customer mindset, competitive actions, brand metrics, and industry trends.
- Mine data, research, and intelligence reports for insights and implications
- Articulate insights from data and research and lead with a point of view to internal audiences
- Synthesize this understanding into actionable opportunities
- Provide input into and craft quantitative and qualitative questions for market research guides; listens to and interprets the voice of the customer during research; Collaborate in developing implications of research into customer and brand insights
- Actively participate in the planning, and assist in the execution of brand workshops and brainstorms
- Develops strategic hypothesis and assist in writing brand plans based upon insights
- In person client travel is required
- Manages efficient collaboration between the planner's work and obtaining input from and providing input to account and creative
- Develops a solid presence in client meetings; assist in high - stakes complex workshop, runs internal strategy brainstorming
- Develops a social network in the internal strategy community across all disciplines
- Participates in new business pitches in developing screening guides, surveys, qualitative research guides, and summarizing results from customer interviews
- Become an ambassador for the Planning department and the strategic process within the agency
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably within the field of sociology, anthropology, advertising, marketing or another related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in a Strategy department/communications environment specializing in strategic insight generation. Past experience in pharmaceutical or advertising industry a plus.
- Basic understanding of strategic and creative development process, including positioning statements, creative briefs and advertising concepts
- Experience utilizing and analyzing qualitative research
- Experience in oncology or neurology marketing/strategy desired, but not necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the capability to construct and support arguments
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities
- Proactive and detail - oriented customer service orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player with a professional, outgoing, and assertive attitude.
- Exhibits our values of "Stand Together", "Grow Together", and "Live Together"
Omnicom Health Group is committed to hiring and developing exceptional talent. We agree that talent is equally distributed, and we're focused on developing diverse teams that can bring the best solutions to everything we do. We strongly believe that celebrating what makes us different makes us better together. Join us-we look forward to getting to know you.