Bain & Company is one of the worlds leading global business consulting firms, serving clients across six continents. It was founded in 1973 on the principle that consultants must measure their success in terms of their clients financial results. Bains clients have outperformed the stock market 4 to 1. With offices in all major cities, Bain has worked with over 4,150 major multinational and other corporations from every economic sector, in every region of the world.
A career at Bain & Company will provide the opportunity to learn in a collaborative teaming environment, drive impact to support our Results mission statement. The firm has a passionate and rich culture that offers an unparalleled business experience that can carry throughout a career. We hire dynamic individuals that are dedicated to achieving both personal and professional goals. To learn more about the firm, please visit www.bain.com.Position Summary
Responsibilities & Duties
- The Advanced Analytics Group is a team of experts in primary market research, advanced analytics, data science and operations research. The Qualitative Researcher works with Bain's consultants and other expert groups (e.g. product design and digital marketing teams) to provide high quality results for our clients.
- The candidate will also work to advance Bain's research capabilities and provide training to consulting and other staff as needed.
- This position will be located in one the Bain US offices (SF, LA, Chicago, Dallas, Boston, Atlanta, New York)
- Working with Bain consultants, internal experts, and external partners, leverage theoretical and methodological expertise to assess needs and design and conduct qualitative research on behalf of our clients worldwide.
- Balance rigor and practicality to optimize relevant qualitative research findings.
- Own and execute different types of qualitative research to deliver actionable, value-add insights
- Recommend and explain research methods and techniques appropriate for projects focused on topics such as product innovation and development, experience re-design, brand strategy, go-to-market, and customer segmentation.
- Design respondent specifications and develop materials/guides that will deliver actionable information.
- Train and coach consultants and other staff on qualitative research methodologies.
- Keep abreast of new and current qualitative/primary research techniques.
- Develop relationships with external research vendors and interact with as needed.
- Provide training, documentation and other assistance to Bain's consultants and other staff to support and expand the use of qualitative research.
- 3-5 years of experience with qualitative research in a business, market research or social science environment.
- Master's Degree or Ph.D. in anthropology, market research or related field.
- Practiced in all stages of qualitative research design and execution, including selection and justification of techniques, participant screening, moderation, analysis, and reporting.
- Experience explaining and using a variety of qualitative research approaches (both in-person and electronically-mediated), such as ethnography/contextual inquiry, mobile ethnography, focus groups, online bulletin boards, and in-depth interviews. Knowledgeable enough about quantitative primary research to understand how the two methodologies complement each other
- Familiar with human-centered design
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must.
- Must thrive in a fast paced environment and be able to work independently
- Travel required
Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world's most ambitious change makers define the future.
Across 63 offices in 38 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition, and redefine industries. We complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster, and more enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest more than $1 billion in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise, and insight to organizations tackling today's urgent challenges in education, racial equity, social justice, economic development, and the environment. We earned a gold rating from EcoVadis, the leading platform for environmental, social, and ethical performance ratings for global supply chains, putting us in the top 2% of all companies. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients, and we proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry