Archaeologist - ( 210001RH )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your role will include cultural resources report preparation and review, and coordinating fieldwork for various programs including for large utilities clients including: archaeological survey, testing, evaluation, and construction monitoring, report and section writing, Department of Parks and Recreation 523 site record forms, as well as other tasks as assigned. Must demonstrate awareness for workplace safety; and be willing to work independently when conditions are appropriate or with limited supervision. You will work closely with Stantec's project managers, laboratory resources and environmental staff. This position will be based in our Walnut Creek, San Francisco, San Jose or Sacramento office.
Your Key Responsibilities
* Coordinating fieldwork and compliance documents for various utilities programs
* Preparing and reviewing cultural resources reports
* Manage tasks and projects according to approved scopes of work, and deliver quality reports on schedule and within budget
* Coordinating with utilities Cultural Resource Specialists and Land Planners
* Interact and interface with clients and environmental regulators
* Construction contract administration and site inspection services
* Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work
* Assignments/projects are advanced in nature and require the application of mature knowledge
* Responsible for planning and conducting assignments/ projects having broad scope for independent accomplishment and coordination of difficult tasks
* Provide supervision, training, technical direction and mentoring to more junior staff
* Review work of junior staff
* Conduct peer reviews of routine and moderately complex work by colleagues or more junior practitioners
Your Capabilities and Credentials
* Strong skills in technical writing
* Skilled in communications and technical information exchange with clients, engineers and scientists, government regulators and agencies, and academia, as well as non-technical communication to the public
* Disciplined approach to project execution and technical excellence
* Ability to provide written and verbal direction on project delivery
* Shows leadership in striving to continuously improve technical performance
* Ability to convey safety information to field staff
* Drives collaborative efforts within the region and beyond to deliver consistent, high quality and appropriately scoped technical work
* Ability to use field data collection equipment such as GPS, transit, and/or Total Station
* At least five years of experience successfully executing technical aspects of medium to complex projects
* Good driving record and valid driver's license required
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in anthropology, archaeology or related field, Master's degree preferred. Minimum 6 years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education (e.g., advanced degree) and experience. Experience in California preferred.
Ability to travel and conduct field work for extended periods of time of 1 weeks at a time.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-California-Walnut Creek
Other Locations : United States-California-Sacramento, United States-California-San Jose, United States-California-Petaluma, United States-California-San Francisco
Job : Archaeologist
Organization : BC-1857 Environmental Services-US Pacific
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jul 19, 2021, 9:31:03 AM
Req ID: 210001RH
Vaccine Policy: Beginning December 8, 2021, Stantec requires North America employees in many positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 except those for whom a reasonable accommodation has been granted because a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, as required by law.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans