A Sr Strategist is a key agent in the development of recommendations that solve client challenges. You will work on a major multi-national client, working in technology, e-commerce and much more. You will strive to produce outstanding communications strategies, in collaboration with the Analytics Unit and other disciplines, that are recognized through awards, client satisfaction scores and tangible examples of innovation.
You'll be a main source audience and cultural research; synthesizing key cultural, consumer and category intelligence to inform the design of strategic culture-first communications plans that deliver against our clients' business objectives.
You have a passion for people, brands and creativity and a curiosity for culture and trends in every sense. You need to be creative brain and social anthropologist all at once - driven by the desire to understand the changing world and people's shifting motivations and behaviors. You want to use your skills to help build brands with real significance; brands that shape and move with culture.
You'll report to & work with the Strategy Director to develop sound strategic responses that result in positive outcomes for our clients' businesses. As well as with Strategy, you'll collaborate closely with all departments at Initiative. You're role is to ensure that strategy informs every element of the agency's output on certain briefs; Initiative functions as an eco-system of equally important crafts and Strategists have to work with all of them, helping achieve strategic excellence in every output - you need to be a great collaborator, who listens to and understands the needs of those around them.
Creative thinking, proactivity and solid writing skills are critical in succeeding as a Strategist. You will work directly with the Head of Strategy and Group Directors; they will help to develop your skills to enable you to lead the work in time. As Strategist, you'll be a creative powerhouse, leading internal brainstorms and helping write partner briefs - generally being the catalyst for big ideas and ambitious award-winning work! Job Responsibilities
WORKING WITH CLIENTS
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of the clients' business and the challenges they face
- Be a valuable contributor to client meetings, providing research, insight and understanding of key consumer behaviors & motivations/mindsets
- Arm the client team with knowledge & expertise to speak confidently about the strategic direction (e.g. new audience definition) and industry trends
- Work with the Analytics team to identify high value audiences, and adapt Initiative tools and resources to a client's specific needs
- Research and write compelling POVs on topics of strategic importance to client business, from video gaming to leading edge technology or ComplexCon
- Collaborate with all functions and departments to deliver strategies rooted in data and insight that excel against client KPIs
Desired Skills & Experience
- Be the in-house expert on consumers and culture
- Use qualitative and quantitative research to develop insights into the consumers, culture and their connection to the brand and category
- Clearly demonstrate how these research insights inform strategies that answer business needs
- Use data, insight and storytelling to translate complex concepts into simple, powerful narratives
- Create and lead internal strategy idea workshops (demonstrating understanding the real business challenge, audience/targeting, insight generation, and innovation)
- Create and lead internal training sessions on core tools/processes, educating other disciplines (e.g. Communications Design or Partnerships) in the adoption of insights, implications, and targeting
- Write awards submission & enter work into a competition (e.g. Young Lions)
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 3-6 years in a strategy/planning role in a media, creative, innovation or communications discipline (e.g. digital, content, invention, social, activation)
- Strong knowledge of media and communications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in all MS Office products (Excel) and Syndicated Research Tools
It is the policy of Mediabrands, division of the Interpublic group, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For applicants to jobs in the United States: In compliance with the current Americans with Disabilities Act and state and local laws, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position with Mediabrands, please email email@example.com
Initiative is different to other media agencies.
We are not trapped by a legacy structure primarily centered on paid advertising. Instead, we are liberated by a new world structure designed to deliver highly differentiated and highly effective communications strategies for our clients.
We are the world's fastest growing media agency built upon the strongest strategic capability of any agency in the market. Core to this strategic proposition is the belief that the faster a brand can move through culture the more relevant it can become.We call this Cultural Velocity ™.Our process is designed to create ideas that move through culture through unique insight, market leading analytics and strategic media brilliance.Our new world model is comprised of "craft centers" - Client Advice and Management, Strategy, Communications Design, Partnership and Culture, Insights & Analytics.