At VMLY&R, we create connected brands. We resist the usual ways of seeing, doing and thinking - harnessing creativity, technology and culture - to reimagine the entire connected consumer experience. Our goal? To create work that becomes part of people's lives, to drive value for our clients and, in the best of cases, to impact the world.
We're looking for a brand and customer experience senior strategist to join our team. This person will extract new and provocative insights from the category, people, social media, first party business data, and world around them , ensuring that customer needs and desires at the center of our brand experiences. Our goal is to create work that becomes part of people's lives, to drive value for our clients and, in the best of cases, to impact the world.
We're looking for an entrepreneurial problem-solver who is always asking questions. This person will report to the Global Experience Strategy Lead for the No7 Beauty Company team on the Pharm).
- Play a key role in the development of campaign strategy, brand strategy, creative briefs, and client presentations.
- Play a key role in the development of communications frameworks, communications tasks, campaign ecosystems, and tactical briefs.
- Distill and synthesize large amounts of consumer research, data, and background materials into actionable insights that fuel our point of view for the brand.
- Shows up daily with the purpose of learning and delivering on the craft of strategy, with a deep desire to understand the audience.
- Willingness to jump in on other tasks you may be assigned.
As part of the WPP Group, VMLY&R offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business.
Skills & Experience
- Prior experience with communications planning.
- Prior experience with above the line campaign development.
- Prior experience with primary research and survey design.
- Ability to identify strong & interesting strategic ideas and actionable insights that fuel memorable and impactful brand experiences. He, she or they are able to deliver high quality thinking with clear rationale for their recommendations.
- Deep curiosity about the forces that drive human behavior.
- Has a pulse on culture, curious by nature and has a unique view of the world.
- Confident, coherent, and clear presentation skills, an eager storyteller.
- Hungry and willing to roll up sleeves. Openness to feedback and a desire to keep learning and be part of a team that is dedicated to growth.
- High EQ, wants to be around people that care for the work and each other. Self-driven and self-sufficient, with a collaborative nature too.
- Have positive working relationships with equal level team members outside of strategy dept including client engagement, project management and creative.
- 5-7 years of experience in a client-focused marketing environment.
- Have a bachelor's degree (graduate degree a plus) with studies in literature, communications, anthropology, cultural studies, journalism, branding, marketing, or equivalent field.
- Specific work experience with projects that have an emphasis in insights development.
- Experience in the beauty and FMCG sectors.
VMLY&R is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VMLY&R is a M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer . Need Assistance?
If you require reasonable accommodation or assistance for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request either by fax to 816-817-0976 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
You have been redirected to a VMLY&R job page