It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites brings a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what's next.
About This Role:
The Customer Experience Index (CX Index™) evaluates the quality of experiences that more than 500 brands across 14 industries in North America, Europe, and Asia deliver. It gives our clients an understanding of the quality of their customer experience; an assessment of their customers' loyalty; a competitive benchmark; and the ability to model which improvements will have the biggest impact.
The Data Science Researcher will analyze survey-based transactional, operational, and behavioral data to drive insights and recommendations to help Forrester Decisions and CX Index clients make decisions about their CX improvement projects. You will also be on the team to advance Forrester's CX analytics, bringing together and analyzing multiple data sources to create a cohesive story about customer experience.
Our ideal candidate has a background in measuring and analyzing consumer behaviors as well as an experience in translating data into actionable insights and linking it to the client's business initiatives.
The Data Science Researcher works as part of a growing, high-performance team of analysts, data scientists, and program managers. They collaborate with team members in all aspects of the job. The Data Science Researcher:
- Support and advance the analytics work of the CX Index product team using statistical techniques such as linear and logistic regression modeling, correlation, factor and cluster analysis, time series analysis, etc.
- Understand Forrester Decisions and CX Index clients' customer experience needs. Develop the appropriate set of analyses and data insights to address them.
- Explain basic and more advanced analytic techniques to clients and internal colleagues in a clear, persuasive way to drive decision-making.
- Partner with CX Index Analysts and Research Analysts to develop data-driven stories for our clients.
- Develop new approaches to analyzing CX Index data to expand how the data provides value to Forrester Decisions clients.
- Produce deliverables such as PowerPoint presentations and Forrester reports.
- A minimum of a BA or BS degree and a strong academic record in one of the following: statistics or mathematics, economics, psychology, sociology, business, or marketing analytics; MBA or M.S. is preferred.
- One to three years' analytics experience, preferably in customer experience/insights/intelligence, social science, or data science.
- A solid background in understanding consumer behaviors, either through related studies like psychology, sociology, or anthropology or through work experience.
- A demonstrated knowledge of and experience with statistical analysis, especially regression modeling and factor and cluster analysis.
- Experience using R to conduct statistical analysis.
- Experience in either algorithm/methodology creation or programming/development is a plus.
- History of working with survey data is preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to articulate advanced analytic results using simple, business-focused stories to a nonquantitative business audience.
- The ability to combine data, analysis, ideas, and recommendations into compelling deliverables that help clients be more successful.
- The drive to learn new things and stay updated on the latest analytical techniques and advances in customer experience research and measurement.
- Keen attention to detail and organization skills; the ability to manage and execute multiple delivery engagements simultaneously.
- Excellent, positive teamwork; proactive collaboration; and highly effective problem resolution skills.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Glassdoor FLSA Status:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
Region NA Options Apply for this job online Apply Share Email this job to a Referral Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Need help finding the right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started. Application FAQs
Software Powered by iCIMS