UX ResearcherFull Time Remote, USA6 Month Contract$75+/hr DOE
The User Experience Research team is a dynamic team of mixed methods researchers. We advocate for a human-centered approach to products. We bridge the gap between our users, designers, product managers, and engineers to build empathy, inform strategy, and identify opportunities to improve our users' experience.
As a User Experience Researcher, you will be responsible for planning and conducting strategic research on major product and design initiatives, ranging from early-stage discovery projects to later stage evaluative projects. Your focus will be on helping the teams responsible for making it easier for viewers to find and discover creators and communities on our platform.Responsibilities:
- Design and conduct qualitative studies from end to end: planning, executing, analyzing, and reporting. Manage projects and stakeholders with minimal supervision throughout the process.
- Inform product design and strategy by translating data into insights that have clear and actionable implications for product development.
- Collaborate with product teams and educate them on UX best practices at all stages of an agile product development process. Coach them on lightweight empathy building and research approaches when needed.
- Conduct strategic, cross-company research projects and report findings to product and business leaders.
- Effectively communicate research findings to diverse audiences through writing and presentations; represent user research in key product discussions.
- Expertise in and previous experience with a variety of industry-centered qualitative research methods, such as semi-structured interviews, contextual inquiries, usability studies, diary studies, and unmoderated remote studies.
- Ability to effectively create screening criteria, recruit participants, build rapport, and moderate studies.
- A basic understanding of statistics (e.g., representative survey sampling) and quantitative data analysis.
- Previous experience applying these methods directly to an industry product development process is required.
- Experience managing stakeholder relationships and leading projects through the full research lifecycle from planning through execution to insight delivery.
- Ability to quickly shift the methodology and scope of research projects to meet short deadlines while collecting the best possible data and delivering actionable results.
- Track record of producing impactful, high-quality research that shapes product decisions.
- Background in HCI, sociology, applied anthropology, social psychology, design research or related fields; advanced degree preferred.
- You have first-hand experience conducting research across a variety of devices, including desktop computers, smartphones, gaming consoles and media players
- You have mixed methods (qual+quant) research experience.
- You have experience working on accessibility-focused research
- You already know a lot about online communities, online video, video games
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED
TCWGlobal is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, ethnicity, gender, nationality, religious belief, or sexual orientation.