WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a leader in engineering, architecture, planning, environmental, construction and other consulting services dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the worlds infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,500 employees in 100 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle project delivery in the primary practice areas of transportation, water, energy, land development, surveying, cost management and federal markets. Our company prides itself on building strong client partnerships, working with residents, businesses, developers, educational and medical organizations, state and local governments, the military and other federal agencies to successfully plan the future of their communities or institutions. At Michael Baker International, we focus on people and places, improving communities and creating more sustainable, convenient, equitable, healthful, efficient, and attractive places.CULTURAL RESOURCES MANAGEMENT PRACTICE
Our Cultural Resources Management practice, embedded under our Planning practice, performs a diverse array of cultural resources services covering each phase of project implementation for a wide spectrum of federal, state, and local agency clients, as well as private organizations. We provide archaeological and architectural history services that include California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) compliance projects. JOB DESCRIPTION
Michael Baker International is seeking a Full-time Archaeologist to support our Northern California Cultural Resources group. The primary functions of a mid to senior-level archaeologist are to provide consulting for internal and external clients preparing technical analysis for CEQA/NEPA environmental documentation, completing Section 106 technical reports and coordination with SHPO, and providing other support for gaining approvals and implementing projects. Must have experience in performing in-depth archaeological research, records searches, monitoring, surveying, testing, data recovery, excavation and construction related skills. The position also includes interfacing with clients and preparing scopes of work and proposals for acquiring new work therefore communication and writing skills are key to success. The majority of time would be spent managing tasks in an office environment. Travel for field surveys may be required throughout California and other western states. PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
- Masters degree in anthropology (or closely related field).
- Meet the Secretary of the Interiors Professional Qualification Standards for archaeology.
- 7+ years of experience in field archaeology and/or project supervisory roles.
- Working knowledge of CEQA/NEPA/Section 106 of the NHPA and any other federal and state laws that apply to archaeology.
- Ability to author CEQA/NEPA/Section 106 of the NHPA technical reports including identification studies, testing and excavation reports, monitoring reports, finding of effect reports, memorandum of agreements, and programmatic agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to author CEQA/NEPA environmental document sections for cultural and tribal cultural resources.
- Demonstrated ability to lead archaeological field surveys, testing, excavation, preconstruction meetings, construction monitoring, and technical report projects.
- Demonstrated experience and competence with crafting and fulfilling archaeological mitigation measures.
- Demonstrated experience in leading Native American consultation efforts for sensitive resource issues.
- Ability to complete built environment field surveys at the direction of senior architectural historians.
- Excellent analytical skills and exceptional technical writing ability.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare project proposals with detailed scope task breakdowns, schedules and budgets.
- Ability to lead tasks and project budgets, including administration procedures, contract compliance, safety plans, and other project management responsibilities.
- Capable of working in both an office and field environment.
- Ability to communicate through all contemporary business mediums (i.e., email, telephone, video conferencing)
- Attention to detail and ability to follow instructions.
- A valid California drivers license.
- Ability to travel throughout California and other western states if necessary.
- Best candidate can work out of any of our offices in northern California and/or remotely.
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.Michael Baker International is seeking a Full-time Archaeologist to support our Northern California Cultural Resources group.