At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere-we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture-our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The User Research Manager is responsible for managing the user-centered design research efforts for Intuitive. The User Research team is responsible for providing actionable insights about user characteristics and use environments that influence behavior to inform early stage concepts and future technology innovation. The User Research team also collaborates with engineering partners to evaluate the impact of design concepts on user workflow, behavior and performance. A successful Manager of User Research must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects.
Collaborates closely with product marketing, Human Factors engineers, clinical development engineers, and product designers to inform and guide the early stage development of new products, ensuring that those products can ultimately be safe and easy to use. As part of advanced product development project teams, they conduct research to gain a deep understanding of users and use environments; analyze and characterize usability considerations; conduct concept evaluations to realize the impact of design concepts on user workflow, behavior and performance; translate user needs into usability requirements; and develop new tools to measure user experience and inform design.
As this role functions in the often ambiguous strategic early stages of product development, it requires an ability to change elevations quickly, from high-level strategic thinking to detailed requirements and data collection, as well as an appetite for rapid prototyping and minimum viable product mentality.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Lead or support the designing, conducting, analyzing, and reporting on user-centered design research and usability testing, including identification of user needs and goals, task and workflow modeling, ethnography and persona development as well as rapid iterative usability testing, and more formal, in-depth testing.
* Coordinate, conduct, and moderate usability research both online and in the field and provide recommendations for improvement.
* Serve as a member of a team that acts as a 'repository' of research-based usability knowledge.
* Work with project business representatives and team members to test business requirements using heuristic/qualitative methods.
* Work with human factors engineers, product marketing, designers, and clinical engineers to collect and synthesize detailed information about how users interact with the da Vinci products through various techniques including interviews, simulations, direct observation at hospitals, task analysis, and personas.
* Present results of field observations, research, and usability findings throughout the organization.
* Reinforce a human centered design approach across the organization.
* Facilitate the organization and prioritization of observational data from user-facing departments in the company (e.g. clinical, product marketing, downstream marketing, training, customer support, clinical sales).
* Analyze and characterize usability considerations, including physical, cognitive, social, organizational and environmental aspects of human factors that influence performance while interacting with Intuitive products.
* Draft usability requirements.
* Develop, integrate, and apply tools to generate UX metrics and human behavior data to inform concept development.
* Represent the Human Factors function on core teams for large projects.
* Manage user research activities within development projects and provide schedules and status to product managers and engineering project managers.
* Mentor junior human factors/human performance engineers and others in organization in User Research methods and best practices, as well as Intuitive product development processes.
* Lead or support the development of new Human Factors processes including the creation and maintenance of department operating procedures, test plan templates, etc.
* Minimum Education: BS in Human Factors Engineering, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science with human-computer interface (HCI) emphasis, Human Centered Design, Anthropology, or related field. MS/PhD strongly preferred.
* Minimum 8 years relevant Human Factors/User Research experience. Hardware product development experience preferred.
* Experience in medical device, or similar regulated industry, a significant plus.
* Ability to manage multiple projects, timelines, and deliverables.
* Ability to lead usability moderating (all types), participant recruiting/screener creation, experimental design, test method selection, debriefing, facilitation, participant recruiting/screener creation.
* Ability to interface with customers and consultants in a highly professional manner.
* Ability to analyze and synthesize large quantities of information into usable communications and actionable results.
* Superior ability to write accurate, clear, and concise protocols and reports in a timely manner.
* Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
* Ability to work with and across various groups and levels of management within the organization, including other engineering groups, marketing, clinical engineering, and design.
* Excellent collaboration skills.
* Ability to change elevations quickly as well as an appetite for fuzzy front-end development.
* Ability to travel internationally, as well as domestically (up to 40%).
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
* Shift : * Shift 1 - Day
* Travel : * Yes, 25 % of the Time
Travel Requirements:Yes, 25 % of the Time Shift:Shift 1 - Day