No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 102760 - New York, New York, United States
We're waiting for you!
We believe real innovation comes from teamwork!
The Sr. Design Research Manager will lead the research and collection of meaningful human centered insights to fuel design decisions across CP teams and categories. This includes everything from user discovery and mining for pain points, to developing a strong POV on the future of Design Research and how it can bring success to all the ventures incubated within CP. Global Design is the creative, visionary team responsible for the Colgate-Palmolive global portfolio of products which are found in 75% of every home in the world. We have over 20 brands in four categories Home Care, Oral Care, Personal Care and Pet Care. Our deliverables range from the emotional components of a brand (look, tone and feel, brand identity) to the visual identity (product and package design, digital, video and photo production) for all of our brands.
* Set a vision and strategy for research within the design team, and bring an element of rigor and play to ethnographic research and observation.
* Effectively communicate creative strategy to influence design solutions.
* Provide thought-provoking and breakthrough people centered direction to project teams
* Organize and understand customer data by making findings relevant and impactful through different mediums, and will advocate customer needs through storytelling, including writing, visual, and verbal communication that helps other teams build empathy for all the users were designing for.
* Work on category projects as well as strategic initiatives.
* Work closely with other insights, innovation, technology, and design teams to integrate research and user validation throughout the design process and ensure an enjoyable user experience is holistically designed.
* Share ideas and learnings to guide product and innovation heads to ensure projects are well-defined, impactful, and successfully executed
* Define, lead and grow the Design Research discipline
* Help us drive Design-led innovation and Human Centered mindset around the world
* Attract and hire new design research talent, as well as mentor and support career growth and professional development for existing and new hires.
* Optimistic: You are positive and always look for the favorable side of a situation.
* Curious: You have an intense desire to know, understand and grow.
* Resilient: You adapt. You bounce back and stay calm in the face of crisis.
* Courage: You are not fearful in the face of stress, conflict or danger.You speak up and take smart risks.
* Humility: You are modest in the estimate of your own importance.
* Empathy: You value the feelings, thoughts and attitudes of others.
* Degree in such areas as Human Centered Design User Experience Research, Psychology, Design Discipline (ID, Digital, Graphic etc), Anthropology, Human Factors, Marketing, or Behavioral Sciences.
* 5+ years of research experience agency or brand/lifestyle company
* 10+ years of overall experience
* Experience leading and coaching qualitative research, with familiarity with a variety of methodologies and processes: research operations, prototyping to learn, user experience, ethnographic research, quantitative/hybrid research and data-driven insights, and remote research.
* Experience translating/synthesizing research insights to create relevant and meaningful experiences
* Possess a solid understanding of how to leverage design and design research to create change and push ideas to market, such as building new ventures
* Be highly collaborative and flexible, with the ability to stretch across skill sets and roles dynamically to bridge different parts of the business?
* Inspire and guide teams through an open sharing of your expertise
* Possess strong communication and storytelling skills, using various mediums and formats
* Be able to thrive in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment.
* Have the ability to in facilitate and lead workshops or immersive experiences
* Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Come join us in a results oriented company with a caring culture and work life balance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Toms of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hills Science Diet and Hills Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgates global business, visit the Companys web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill's and the Hills Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Toms of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.