The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices (JJMDC) Industrial Design and Human Factors (IDHF) organization is seeking a multi-faceted, exceptionally talented, user-centered Senior Human Factors Engineer who is passionate about improving the quality of people's lives through compelling design experiences.Johnson and Johnson Medical Device Companies:
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies have been working to make surgery better for more than a century. With substantial breadth and depth in surgical technologies, orthopaedics and interventional solutions, we aspire to improve and enhance medical care for people worldwide. Together, we are working to shape the future of health through differentiated products and services.Job Summary And Responsibilities
Our global Design and Human Factors team focuses specifically on advancing the needs of the MedTech Industry by placing our users at the center of our design process.
- We design solutions that span the full episode of care and balance the needs of various users; surgeons, hospital staff, patients and caregivers.
- Our team is comprised of Industrial Designers, Human Factors Engineers, UX/Interaction Designers, Information Designers and Design Strategists in over seven locations around the world.
- Our IDHF team leads contextual research to discover unmet user needs, create usability specifications and requirements, and iteratively tests with stakeholders throughout a robust formative and summative usability process.
- The Senior Human Factors Engineering will support user research and insights discovery through design thinking, planning, coordination, observation, data collection, analysis, documentation and collaboration with cross-functional teammates throughout a robust usability engineering process.
- The position will interact closely with multiple product development teams across multiple platforms to complete the necessary usability research and documentation and will be managing associates, workplans, and partnering with business leaders/stakeholders to ensure success.
- BS/BA Degree in Human Factors Engineering (HFE), Usability Engineering, Cognitive Science, Anthropology, or equivalent; Post-Graduate Degrees (MS, PhD) are a plus and will be considered as part of the applicant's professional experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' human factors/usability engineering experience/use case validation testing or equivalent experience in product development and customer interactions is required.
- Experience in the planning and execution of all aspects of the HFE process including ethnographic research, formative and summative studies, documentation for design control and risk management is required.
- Strong knowledge of human factors principles; working knowledge of task and use-related risk analysis methods.
- Knowledge of user interface and user experience principles for hardware and software; workload, human perception and cognition.
- Basic knowledge of anthropometrics, biomechanics, and physiology is preferred.
- Experience consolidating user feedback into concise, meaningful design insights and actionable recommendations is preferred.
- Experience performing root cause analysis for use-related problems is preferred.
- Familiarity with FDA, ISO, AAMI, and other relevant usability regulations and standards is required.
- Experience partnering with R&D, Marketing and Development teams to define and act as a guardian in upholding the best usability practices.
- Medical Device product development or experience is a strong plus.
- Clinical experience and/or professional experience/degrees in software development and/or GUI development is a strong plus.
- Ability to travel up to 20%, domestic and international is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Primary Location
United States-Massachusetts-Raynham-325 Paramount DriveOrganization
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)Job Function