Job Description SummaryJob DescriptionBe part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.Summary/Purpose of Position:
Essential Duties and Position Responsibilities:
- Participate directly in all phases of the business requiring market research from the initial identification of unmet customer needs to final product field testing to establishing product pricing and positioning.
- Supply the organization with market and competitive data to keep managers informed of changing market trends.
- Contribute to building BDI Surgery's business by assessing and recommending attractive new product and market segments and related companies.
- Conduct product concept research, market tests, and final product field trials to improve the chances of the success of new products, product modifications, and line extensions.
- Supply and analyze overall market and competitive trends; developing market size and share data; reporting on IMS, economic and legislative trends impacting the business; and predicting change.
- Develop, maintain and publish competitive intelligence files, databases, and reports.
- Facilitate education sessions, ideation workshops, debrief and knowledge share sessions.
- Support the identification and assessment of new business opportunities by determining business potential, market dynamics, customer needs, and making recommendations to the company regarding further actions to be taken.
- Manage and develop marketing research associate team members as applicable.
Preferred Skills or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with five or more years of marketing research experience OR if MBA, minimum three years
- Experience with variety of marketing research methods including contextual research methods (interviewing, observational research, usability testing, pricing studies, survey development, etc.)
- Ability to plan and coordinate research efforts in an organized & detailed manner while being able to adapt to changes in program schedule and scope
- Creative problem solver
- Excellent communication (verbal, visual and text), analytical and presentation abilities
- Strong, collaborative interpersonal work style
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in statistical modeling techniques, familiarity in data management tools
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, approximately 35%
Why join us?
- Background in anthropology or sociology or cognitive science or psychology
- Experience in medical technology industry (medical device, surgical instruments, equipment and disposables)
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life's purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program - which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components - is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.Primary Work Location
USA RI - WarwickAdditional LocationsWork Shift