Kelly is hiring an *Archaeology Technician* for one of our clients in *Phoenix, AZ. *
* Hybrid - Onsite and Remote structure available
* Open to Part-time schedule
* Duration: 6-12 months
* Pay: $24/hr
* Local candidates only
This position is responsible for assisting the Arizona State Land Department's Cultural Resources Manager to ensure ASLD's compliance with the State Historic Preservation Act (A.RS. 41-861 en seq). The position assists in the coordination of the preservation of cultural resources on State Trust land through the implementation of archaeological mitigation measures among the State Historic Preservation Office, the Arizona State Museum, prospective state trust land users, the private section, ASLD's natural resources (grazing, mineral, agricultural), rights-of-way, sales and commercial leasing administrators, water rights, dust abatement, off-highway vehicles, and environmental programs.
• Provide technical assistance to law enforcement agencies in investigating and prosecuting violations of the Arizona Antiquities Act laws as they relate to cultural resources located on state trust land. This position also provides technical assistance to the Office of the Attorney General in matters involving cultural resources on State Trust land.
• Responsible for reviewing cultural resource inventory reports, work plans, programmatic agreements, memorandum of agreements, intergovernmental agreements, and data recovery reports in consultation with the State Historic Preservation Office, as well as federal and state agencies.
• Responsible for assessing accurate information needed for data entry into the cultural resources' management data base.
• A degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Southwestern archaeology, anthropology, history or historic preservation;
• A minimum of five years of professional level experience researching, analyzing, developing and managing archaeological and historic preservation plans.
*You should know:* Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of [benefits](https://www.mykelly.us/us-mykelly/perks/)?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. [Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.](https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)