"Our mission is to deliver an exceptional student experience by providing superior programs and services that are relevant and result in meaningful learning."
National University is San Diego's largest private nonprofit university. We are proud to provide high quality higher education to our diverse student population from across the United States, and in multiple countries. As an institution, we value accessibility and provide our students and faculty the opportunity to thrive in a dynamic and exciting work environment. In 2010, National University was named a Great College to Work For in a survey by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Adjunct faculty are valued as an integral and vital component of the University's teaching staff, providing unique and valuable perspectives and contributions. We have an excellent opportunity for Adjunct Faculty to join our highly engaged teaching staff in the Department of Mathematics and Natural Sciences. In this role, the successful candidate will teach undergraduate courses to students seeking to gain theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the areas of Digital Evidence, Fingerprint Analysis, Forensic Photography, Forensic Toxicology, and Trace Elements. This role is critical in ensuring successful student outcomes.
Note: This position will be teaching onsite or online, 4-week courses in the areas of Digital Evidence, Fingerprinting, Forensic Anthropology, and Forensic Photography
Essential Job Duties:
* Lead classroom sessions on-site and/or online according to university policies
* Provide expertise in assigned content areas by maintaining current knowledge in the field
* Respond to student needs in a timely fashion or typically within 48 hours
* Provide substantive feedback to students, grade assignments, and post grades
* Participate in online class discussion boards
* Have a strong emphasis on student-centered learning by encouraging participation in their own learning and promoting student inquiry
* Maintain a positive, safe, inclusive student-centric learning environment
* Master's Degree in Forensic Science or related field from a regionally accredited university
* At least three (3) years of work experience in the forensic field
* Proficiency in common internet tools, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Must reside and be eligible to work in the United States
* Terminal degree (PhD, MD) in a related field (i.e. Psychology, Forensics) from a regionally accredited university is strongly preferred
* College-level or field teaching experience strongly preferred
Materials needed for submission:
* Resume / Curriculum Vitae
* Unofficial Transcripts
* Cover Letter highly preferred
* If selected, candidates with international degrees may be required to submit translation/degree evaluation from our approved agencies
·Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures and viewing a computer terminal and requires color vision and depth perception. The work is performed in an office environment and outside the office as necessary.
National University offers an opportunity to work in an innovative environment that supports diversity.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state and local laws. At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative and creative people come together to make the impact of a lifetime for each of our student learners. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment, education, and admission at National University. We are focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family care status, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and other legally protected group status.