PaleoWest is a solution-driven cultural resources and heritage consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best professionals in the industry. PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting fragile cultural resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation.Job Description
We are actively seeking an Archaeological Project Manager to assist with critical projects in our Salt Lake City office. Project Managers at PaleoWest help develop proposals and budgets for new opportunities, service our clients upon project award, and ensure the efficient execution of projects from cradle to grave. Our Project Managers work closely with Office Principals, Principal Investigators, Field and Laboratory Directors, and our Technology Team to deliver high-quality products that exceed client expectations.Qualifications:
- Graduate degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field is preferred, and five years of demonstrated professional experience working on and leading archaeological survey, monitoring, and data recovery projects
- Experience with the archaeology and history of Utah is required; additional experience in adjacent states is preferred
- Ability to be listed as a Field Director/Crew Chief on our Utah BLM Cultural Resource Use Permit is required. Strong preference will be given to candidates who can be permitted as a Principal Investigator and/or who are permittable in adjacent states.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and commitment to achieving team goals
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations and guidelines pertaining to cultural resources
- Demonstrated experience managing all types of cultural resources projects, including preparing budgets and proposals, keeping projects within budget and on schedule, and consulting with clients and agencies
- Demonstrated experience writing and preparing cultural resources technical reports
- Demonstrated experience in developing business
- Demonstrated leadership abilities including providing guidance and oversight to field and office staff
PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States. If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements. This is a full-time, salaried position that comes with a great benefits package, huge growth potential, and an aggressive bonus program. Salary will be commensurate with experience, and bonuses will be offered for exceptional performance. Our benefits package includes health insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer matching after six months of employment, unlimited personal time off, telecommuting, and a flexible work schedule.All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, or sex.