NV5 is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives .
Principle Archaeologist for cultural resources unit based in Parsippany office. Work will include mainly projects in NJ, NY, PA. This is a senior level position with commensurate salary and full benefits package.
- Direct Phase I, II, and III archaeological projects in the Mid-Atlantic, mainly NJ and NY
- Perform excavation, construction monitoring, and recording tasks in field; immediate duties to include construction monitoring in New York City
- Analyze archaeological assemblages
- Direct lab and create/maintain digital collections database
- Contribute to and author technical reports
Required Skills and Experience
- M.A. or Ph.D. in Anthropology/Archaeology
- At least 5 years of experience and supervisory experience
Licenses and Certifications
- Meet Secretary of the Interior's Professional Standards in Archaeology
- Familiarity with GIS (proficiency preferred)
- Experience supervising field projects
- Experience in Mid-Atlantic precontact and/or historic period archaeology
- Strong research and writing skills
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.