Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
This position will staff the Social Cognition and Primate Behavior Endocrinology Lab in the Department of Anthropology. This lab examines the hormonal correlates of decision making and social behavior in nonhuman primates.
- Under general supervision, performs a variety of defined research and laboratory tests and experiments according to prescribed protocols and assigned schedules.
- Sets up experiments as prescribed by a principal investigator.
- May be required to participate in laboratory maintenance activities such as sterilization and cleaning of equipment, ordering of supplies, inventory and media preparation.
- Maintains records, files and logs of work performed in laboratory notebooks and computer databases.
- Compiles data and records results of studies for publications, grants and seminar presentations.
- Employees in this classification may be required to work with, take specific precautions against and/or be immunized against potentially hazardous agents.
- Performs related responsibilities as required by principal investigator.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific field OR equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
NOTE: Position tasks are required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location; working remote is not an option. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employees.
Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
To ensure the safety of our campus community, the COVID-19 vaccine is required. For more information on the University and Hospital policies and potential exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Connect With Us!
Connect with us for general consideration!
Job Number 77026
Job Type Regular Part-Time
Division Emory College
Department ECAS: Anthropology
This position may involve the following Health and Safety issues: Not Applicable
Job Category Laboratory
Location : Name Emory Campus-Clifton Corridor
Campus Location (For Posting) : Location US-GA-Atlanta