Lexicon Branding develops category-defining names for the world's biggest and most innovative brands. Swiffer, Sonos, Pentium, Dasani, and Impossible Foods are just a few of the hundreds of successful product and company names we have created over the past 39 years.
We pride ourselves on an environment of creativity, problem solving, and thought leadership. Three qualities that we insist upon: curiosity, never settling for anything other than excellence, and a healthy dose of ambition.
As Director of Research you will lead Lexicon's research programs, develop methodologies to build on our category-leading approach, and deliver insights to clients. You will work closely with other departments at Lexicon including Creative, Account, and Linguistics, to help inform project strategy. And, ultimately, you will help inform critical decisions around branding and naming for the Fortune 100 companies and world class startups we work with.
If you have extensive research experience, leadership, ambition, and curiosity, we want to connect with you.
· A demonstrated ability to develop research assets and present data to clients.
· Experience designing or administering surveys, preferably with web-based survey systems (e.g., Qualtrics).
· Experience managing data sets and applying descriptive statistics. Experience with R, SPSS, or SAS is a plus, but not required.
· A minimum of 6 years of professional experience involving account planning and consumer research.
· Bachelor's degree required / graduate degree preferred, preferably in a relevant field (Psychology, Statistics, Political Science, Economics, Linguistics, Anthropology, Data Science, etc.)
· This is a full-time position and employees must work in our San Francisco Bay Area office at least 3 days per week. Candidates must be eligible and authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
· Agency experience preferred but not required
· Excellent?PowerPoint and verbal presentation skills.
· Excellent writing skills.
· Outstanding references.
A cover note telling us why you are interested in the?job and what you will contribute. Please send applications to email@example.com.