The AVP, Competitive Intelligence role will be responsible for supporting the Market Insights team to deliver marketplace and competitor insights that drive strategic plans and key product positioning and development activities for Synchrony. The AVP, Competitive Intelligence will partner with the VP, Competitive Intelligence Leader and third-party suppliers to gather product, customer experience and market intelligence for key competitors in the payments and FinTech industries. This role will focus on identifying market gaps, strengths and opportunity areas for growth. This individual will partner closely with stakeholders across various functional groups such as Product, Marketing, Sales, Strategy, and Digital Design & Engagement.
This role requires the ability to recognize the patterns and insights that others miss, turning them into actionable insights and strategies for stakeholders. The individual who fills this role must possess a strong mix of self-motivation, analytical rigor, creative thinking and strong project management skills. This person must be a team player with a passion for learning and studying industry trends and emerging technologies.
This position is remote, where you have the option to work from home. On occasion we may request for you to commute to our nearest office for in person engagement activities such as team meetings, training and culture events. We're proud to offer you choice and flexibility.
- Continuously learn and expand knowledge in order to be viewed as the subject matter expert for key competitors and their products in order to develop a clear point-of-view on where the marketplace is headed and where opportunities exist for Synchrony.
- Lead all aspects of Competitive Intelligence ad-hoc project management from kick-off to results. Responsibilities include:
- Supplier management
- Ensuring project objectives are well defined and actionable
- Detailed planning & project set-up- with internal and supplier partners
- Research/study design & development
- Monitoring suppliers' fieldwork progress and timelines
- Coordinating data and inputs
- Creation and delivery of the analysis and findings
- Present findings to key stakeholders
- Support internal insight communication and education efforts (webinars, trainings, working sessions, newsletters, etc.) designed to expand knowledge across the business
- Coordinate quarterly deliverables (product landscape reports, competitor trackers, etc.)
- Manage 3rd party suppliers to ensure quality insights are being delivered and timelines are met
- Help maintain, improve, and grow user engagement with the Synchrony Intel Portal (Markets Insights Team's portal for all intel and research shared across the organization).
- Assist VP, Competitive Intelligence in creation of bi-weekly Competitive Intelligence newsletter.
- Develop strong knowledge of secondary research portals and marketing intelligence tools in order to support key stakeholder requests.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Anthropology, Psychology, Economics, Behavioral Sciences or in lieu of degree, high school diploma and 8+ years progressive professional work experience.
- 4+ years' of relevant experience in competitive intelligence, market research, consumer insights, brand/marketing strategy, business intelligence, or other strategic roles.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Anthropology, Psychology, Economics, Behavioral Sciences
- Self-motivated, passionate individual who continuously strives to get things done, regardless of challenges encountered.
- Critical thinker, able to understand and respond to complex questions from clients to aid in the development of research plans.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively within team and across teams.
- Successful history of executing and analyzing research and/or competitive intelligence projects.
- Successfully manages time and multiple competing priorities to ensure deadlines are always met.
- Strong project management experience with a record of delivering on time and with excellence in quality
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Fundamental knowledge of financial services and/or credit card business models, trends and marketplace dynamics.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months' time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months' time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don't meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 75,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group: