Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Director Service Design. This position is 100% remote.Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
We are seeking a Director Service Design who will to support development of this emerging capability for Providence and to help drive the future of the patient financial experience. The Director of Service Design will work closely with our interdisciplinary team to transform customer signal into actionable insights, generate and prototype transformative experiences, and define the path ahead for all things patient financial experience. In this role, you will combine the insights of a researcher and the holistic thinking of an experience architect. You will bring your experience to our human-centered design process and help create a service mentality within our organization. This is an opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our patients and the healthcare community by creating experiences that change people's lives for the better.In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications:Required qualifications for this position include:
- Support development of Service Design project plans, coordinate cross functional teams through design sprints using human-centered and design thinking methodologies
- Use service design tools to capture comprehensive view of the current state of our patient and caregiver experience in different practical journeys as well as the aspirational state
- Pursue opportunities to improve the patient experience across different touch-points and articulate the dependencies and complexities across these touch points
- Perform user/customer research in partnership with our Voice of the Patient team
- Support creation of Service Design Blueprints, illustrated Journey maps, and Concept Designs, Service Experience prototypes, Empathy Maps, and Value Proposition Proposals
- Plan and execute co-creation workshops with stakeholders to propose the most viable solution for a given problem
- Prototype services to validate ideas and iterate development using human centered design principles
- Academic and demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Research, Visual Design & Illustration, Prototyping, Business Design and Value Proposition
- Experience with conceptualization, ideation, and iterative prototyping
- Knowledge of Customer Experience Design and its centrality to the future success of large organization
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related or equivalent education/experience.
- 10 or more years Experience consumer services/retail, finance or healthcare oriented company
About the department you will serve.
- Bachelor's Degree in Degree in Human centered design, human computer Interactions, other design, anthropology, or related disciplines.
- 7 years working in innovation, human centered design, product development, digital as a direct employee or consultant; General business and design experience.
Revenue Cycle Services throughout Providence support our patient s financial journey as part of an enterprise-wide human-centered, technology-enabled care continuum. Our family of organizations works across the western US in Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. We strive to provide best-in-class revenue cycle services with highly skilled revenue cycle talent. Our Providence Promise of Know me, care for me, ease my way is the foundation of our interactions with our patients and caregivers.We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visitOur Mission
As expressions of God s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.About Us
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Schedule:
Montana, California, Oregon, Oregon-Portland, Washington, Texas, Alaska, California-IrvineReq ID:
Associated topics: accounting, analyst, chief finance officer, expense, financial controller, invest, kpmg, pay, revenue, risk