CFAR helps leaders activate organizations to achieve their highest aspirationsproductively, meaningfully, profitably, and with impact.
We are looking for individuals with an advanced degree, outstanding intellectual abilities, analytic rigor and project management and interpersonal skills who are excited to help grow the firm and eventually lead and sell work on their own.Whats the job?
Managers work in a dynamic and challenging environment. Managers collaborate closely with Analysts, Associates, Senior Managers, and Principals in small, high-performance teams focused on client problems. Managers analyze qualitative and quantitative data, manage complex tasks, lead and facilitate work sessions for our clients, and present analyses with recommendations to the client.
CFAR leverages the deep expertise of its consultants. For this reason, we fast-track the development of our Managers. One or two years into their tenure, Managers can expect to rapidly take on greater responsibilities, begin selling work, and collaborate with colleagues to develop the proprietary tools and methods we use to meet our clients needs. The Manager position is seen as the entry point on a path to Principal.Who are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals with an advanced degree(s) and five or more years of work experience who are both excited at the prospect of developing themselves as successful consulting professionals and interested in helping us grow our business.
- Successful candidates have outstanding intellectual abilities and analytic rigor; a solid, practical sense of how to work with and provide project management for clients in complex organizational environments; and an attunement to human behavior. The last is particularly important, as our work demands a keen ability to interpret what is explicitly stated in any situation versus the tacit dynamics at play that may suggest something else is going on.
- We seek well-rounded individuals, with five or more years of work experience and an advanced degree(s) in relevant fieldssuch as business, international relations, anthropology, organizational psychology or other social sciencesas well as exposure to finance and economics.
- Managers must be highly motivated and detail-oriented professionals with the ability to multi-task across a number of different projects. Comfort with ambiguity is a must.
- We value our ability to contribute to the ongoing dialogue related to the issues our clients confront, and seek individuals who are skilled at writing and speaking for both client and broader audiences.
- We aspire to be a firm where each of us feels motivated by our purpose, collaborates to achieve our strategy and goals, growsprofessionally,andpersonally contributes at our highest potential. To best deliver on our aims, we seek to be rich in diversity of all kinds and focus on practicing inclusion.
- Above all, we are looking for dynamic people who can exhibit presence, confidence, and humility in the face of complicated client problems.
How we work together internally is just as important to us as how we work with our clients, and we strive to find individuals who fit our culture and share our values. These are people who display a natural curiosity, have a demonstrated record of leadership within and outside the workplace, enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment, and are fun to be around.Who are we?
We at CFAR bring a commitment to unleashing potential and maximizing impact for our clients, through management consulting and executive coaching services that deliver both desired outcomes and improved relationships. A growing, $5M-firm, we have, for close to four decades, provided guidance and expertise to tackle the thorniest issuesones often rooted in a misalignment between important organizational goals and individual beliefs about what it will take to achieve them. We come to our work as curious problem-solvers. Our heritage as the Wharton Schools only multi-disciplinary, applied research center lives on in our continued dedication to advising leaders on complex organizational issues where both people and performance matter.
CFAR has always been a consulting firm with an applied focus: we bring ideas to life through our work, using them to resolve very practical dilemmas that get in the way of organizational excellence. And we remain on the cutting edge of the problems that our clients face today, whatever they arethose that are often not yet clarified, systemetized, or understood. Though the world may have changed, our mission remains the same as the day we were founded: to help leaders activate organizations to achieve their highest aspirationsproductively, meaningfully, profitably, and with impact. We partner with leaders in a variety of organizational types and industries, including healthcare, family enterprises and owner-led businesses, higher education, and other for- and non-profit entities.We have several distinctive characteristics:
- Our people are our greatest strength. We are passionate about our workwith our clients and with each other as we grow our firm.
- Our approach embraces the fundamentals of both economics and human behaviorbecause we know that one informs the other in any organizational system.
- We have a proud history of applying new ideas to novel, complicated problems for which traditional solutions have been found ineffective, particularly in organizations with multiple stakeholders holding diverse interests.
- We engage in rigorous and creative analyses of our clients business dilemmas, help our clients work through their dilemmas to reach solutions appropriate to their organizational culture, and equip them with the skills and structure to sustain change going forward.
- We embrace the value of different disciplines and perspectives, which is reflected in the wide variety of advanced degrees our consultants have earnedincluding business, economics, anthropology, public health, psychology, political science and diplomacy, and communications.
- We aspire be a firm where each of us feels motivated by our purpose, collaborates to achieve our strategy and goals, grows professionally, and personally contributes at our highest potential. To best deliver on our aims, we seek to be rich in diversity of all kinds and focus on practicing inclusion.
- We are committed to helping everyone at our firm become lifelong learners, with annual Our project teams consist of senior lead consultants, supported by Analysts and Managers. Internal administrative work (IT, finance, communications, etc.) is managed by our Support Staff.
Boston or PhiladelphiaTravel:
You can expect to spend anywhere from 10% to 30% of your time traveling to client sites.
This percentage is not fixed, and will vary over time. In any given month, it may be lower or higher depending on the location of your clients.
For now, we are conducting nearly all of our work remotely to ensure the safety of our staff and our clients.Visas:
CFAR is not providing visa sponsorship for this position.How to apply:
If you believe you have the skills, qualifications, and passion to contribute to our growing firm, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.Deadline for applications is October 15, 2021. We look forward to hearing from you!