Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A Director Strategy Planning & Insights
SENIORITY LEVEL: Senior Level
LOCATION: Winston Salem, NC
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of Marketing - SP&I (Combustibles)
At the RAI companies you will have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day. As a marketing-led organization, you will be joining a team of exceptional consumer insights/marketing leaders and work on innovative products to transform the tobacco industry and become market leader. You will work alongside a fully integrated team of passionate insights/marketing professions who are helping shape the future of America?s tobacco/new categories industry. This is a fast-paced and collaborative environment with an emphasis on both insights? excellence and talent development.
The Director of SPI Insights will be a key member of the Strategy, Planning and Insights team that utilizes all data sources and research techniques to develop an in-depth understanding of the market, consumer behaviors and preferences across all key touchpoints for next generation products (NGPs) and traditional categories.
Curious by nature and driven to discover impactful insights, this role will deliver thoughtful recommendations through compelling presentations to ultimately influence business decisions and maximize business value.
In this role you will provide support and guidance in the development of high-impact data driven insights and recommendations that drive our brand strategies to win in the market. The Director is responsible for developing and communicating the cross-category dynamics and collaborating cross-functionally to ensure holistic perspectives on a dynamic, ever-changing industry. In addition, this role fosters collaboration, and a cohesive approach between the Marketing, Digital, Analytics, Innovation, Commercial and Trade/Sales teams, aligning vision and scope across commercial strategies and projects.
Reports to: Sr. Director Marketing Planning
Reporting Level: No Direct Reports
Geographic Scope: Local
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
* Development of cross-category insights plans, in line with the strategy and guidelines, to drive brand equity and product development across the multi-categories.
* Data-driven decision-making: Develop and deploy leading-edge, data-driven insights for cross-categories, ensuring a joined-up and centralized approach to Insights generation that is aligned to the Strategy, Planning and Insights Marketing and Insights agenda.
* Drive and deliver a consumer centric product strategy: Ensure relevant cross-category insights to drive comprehensive product strategy for delivering strategic vision and the Cycle Plan.
* Support the engagement with research agency partners for the category to monitor service levels and to ensure that they are aligned to the strategic direction and objectives of the Strategy, Planning, and Insight?s function
* Ensure an up-to-date picture of competitive activities and performance to assess Reynolds relative position and resulting potential opportunities and threats.
* Identify, review, and engage fit-for-purpose insights agencies especially in the area of new capabilities.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* 10+ years consumer insights experience at a leading consumer-minded company, whether that be at a consumer package goods company, ecommerce/digital company etc.
* Qualitative & Quantitative Blend - expertise in a wide range of both qualitative and quantitative research methods, including, but not limited to: Consumer Segmentation, Brand Target Identification and Positioning, Brand Health Tracking, Advertising Development and Assessment, Innovation Insights, and Omni-Channel Insights.
* Familiarity with analytic research techniques and tools - digital understanding & engagement - as well as less traditional market research tools and methodologies (behavior science, social listening, etc.) is a must.
* Understanding & appreciation for true human and societal understanding approaches; anthropology, ethnography, semiotics.
* Ability to translate insights from disparate data sources and articulate opportunities, risks, efficiencies, and recommendations for leadership.
* Team leadership & Diversity - experience building, coaching, and managing a high performing and diverse consumer insights team, including developing, adopting, and cascading insights capabilities.
* Excellent storytelling skills demonstrated through strong public speaking and writing capabilities.
* Must have excellent project management skills to coordinate both internal and external resource in a cross-functional organization.
* Strong communication skills to influence management and senior leaders to make decisions with a consumer-led mindset.
* Bachelor?s degree required; Master?s degree preferred.
* Competitive annual salary
* Targeted Annual Bonus
We offer very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
* 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
* Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
* Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
* Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave; Also Parental leave/Reduced Work Schedule
* Confidential personal financial counselling service
* On-site health clinics and fitness centers
* A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
* Health-care advocacy service
* Volunteer service opportunities
* Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
* Extensive training opportunities
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that welcome opportunities for growth. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at email@example.com.
About our organization:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Modoral Brands Inc.; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; Reynolds Brands, Inc.; Vuse Stores LLC; Kentucky BioProcessing, Inc.; RAI Services Company and Reynolds Marketing Services Company. This position is with Reynolds Marketing Services Company. Job Number: 40179
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN ? A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
? Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
? Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
? Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
? Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
? Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women?s Day Best Practice winner
? Seal Award winner ? one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
California Privacy Notice