Moderator / Qualitative Consultant - Pharma - Life Sciences Sector (location flexible)
Our Health practice excels at evaluating new pharmaceutical and biotech products; analyzing the best opportunities for penetrating marketplaces; and helping health systems understand how their customers are responding to healthcare reform. We leverage quantitative and qualitative research solutions, to address a variety of healthcare market research needs. Recently, the demand for qualitative solutions among pharmaceutical clients has been steadily increasing Who are you?
What would you do?
- You're a moderator who's comfortable with the nuances of qualitative research involving medical or sensitive topics. You're experienced in designing qualitative solutions, applying multiple qualitative methods, and you are eager to expand your tool kit.
- Your toolkit includes Behavioral Science (BeSci), and you are capable of leading BeSci efforts for our Pharma practice.
- You stay current with therapeutic area knowledge, emerging trends in qualitative research, and strategies for communicating insights.
- You've applied your moderating talents in the pharma / life sciences industry for 1 - 3 years minimum, and are at the point where clients specifically request you to moderate their projects.
- You are ready for more responsibility for synthesizing findings, developing a story and presenting results.
While these positions are focused on the pharmaceutical industry, you may occasionally have the opportunity to support clients across the Health sector as well. A majority of our qualitative engagements focus on disease state understanding, segmentation and persona development, patient and HCP journey, treatment pathways, core HCP messaging and patient positioning. The preferred candidate has experience
in one or more of these areas specifically with pharmaceutical clients
. Experience and skill in oncology is a plus
. A few other key points…
We all deeply enjoy the incredible colleagues that we get to work with on a daily basis. That's paramount for every one of us, so we focus very strongly on hiring people that will fit in well with our culture. While we are looking for somebody with a strong individual skills and experience, your ability to collaborate is going to be a big deciding factor.
We are a geographically dispersed organization with technical proficiency, so we are very flexible regarding your location
, and comfortable with you working remotely.
If you like what you've heard so far, we'd like to hear from you!
Here are the responsibilities & qualifications we're seeking in case you wish to have more detail. Responsibilities
- Lead and collaborate with other SMEs during the research design process, including project specifications, pricing, creation of screener and discussion guides, research methodology, and analysis planning.
- Moderate research effectively across multiple modes and technologies
- Serve as the lead for BeSci solutions within the Pharma team. Spearhead the development of products that can lead to business growth.
- Independently learn new therapeutic areas and confidently converse in patient and HCP vernacular.
- Quickly establish rapport with clients and interviewees
- Maintain composure and empathy while exploring emotionally difficult and/or sensitive topics, and tactfully keep interviews moving forward
- Organize and oversee fast-moving global projects with lots of moving parts
- Author and deliver storytelling narratives, interactive workshops, video documentaries and more to imbed insight and guidance into clients' hearts and minds.
- Contribute to thought leadership, point-of-view pieces and our award-winning blog (escalent.co/thinking/blog)
- Must have a Bachelor degree in a related field (e.g., market research, psychology, anthropology, sociology, or other related field). An advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum 1 - 3 years moderating research in the pharmaceutical sector.
- Experience conducting multi-country qualitative studies is preferred, but not required.
- Must be a quick study and creative problem solver
- Excellent written, visual and oral communications.
- Passionate about understanding people, culture, markets and uncovering how things really work.
- Willing to work flexible hours and periodic overtime to accommodate project requirements
- Able to multi-task and manage several projects and clients simultaneously
- NOTE: This position may require heavy travel or extreme flexibility to work outside of typical business hours.
- Customer service oriented
- High energy
- Intelligent and perceptive
- Strong leadership presence
EEO/AA EMPLOYER M/F/V/D
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.