Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.Your Mission:
Medidata is the leader in developing the technologies that allow our customers to get the medicines to patients faster. Building on our long history of delivering world-class clinical applications to the life sciences industry, Medidata's Product Organization is staffed with a passionate team of product management experts, tackling the industry's most difficult technical challenges in order to push the boundaries of possibility for our clients and most importantly, for patients. Together we can deliver meaningful advanced digital transformation to the industry in order to achieve our vision.
Medidata is looking for an experienced user experience researcher to act as player/coach with our design team to create, conduct, and facilitate multi-modal user research studies across the organization. Insights from these research studies will influence the design of our products and services to deliver user and customer value.
- Lead impactful, meaningful research projects across Medidata's products, and the entire user or customer journey.
- Partner with cross-functional teammates from design, product, data science, marketing, and engineering to identify, plan, and execute tactical (sometimes scrappy) and foundational research.
- Represent our current and potential user and customer experiences by conveying insights in crisp, clear, and actionable ways.
- Help our team continuously identify and learn about current and potential opportunities to better serve our users, inspire product strategy, and encourage design iteration.
- Experiment with innovative ways to shed new light on client experiences to help inform business decisions.
- Participate in all design team activities, mentor team members, and champion the team's work across Medidata.
Your Education & Experience:
- You're driven by a passion to build user-focused products that solve critical problems.
- You have deep knowledge and practical experience with qualitative and quantitative user research methods.
- You're able to quickly tailor and design effective, appropriate research approaches within constraints.
- You're able to communicate effectively and in a compelling way.
- You have a collaborative mindset, with experience working across disciplines and with multiple stakeholders.
- You have a passion for helping people and an interest in the role of clinical researcher in this endeavor.
- You have a degree in Anthropology, Behavioral Economics, Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Psychology, Sociology, (or similar).
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in UX research roles.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata's solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.