Rev is the largest and most popular voice-to-text service in the world with more than 170,000 customers globally. Recognized widely as the most accurate and fastest service of its kind, Rev helps anyone capture insights from voice, connect with audiences and turbocharge productivity. Powered by a large and vibrant community of freelancers, Rev uses artificial intelligence tools to turn speech into text at unparalleled low cost. The company is obsessed with making the power of voice accessible to everyone, all while creating fulfilling work-from-home jobs.About The Position
Rev is looking for an experienced Product Design Researcher to lead a fully distributed research team. You will be managing research efforts to help make improvements to our suite of tools and products to provide more value to our freelancers and customers. You will also be providing forward-thinking vision into scaling and improving the research teams personnel, processes, and tools.Responsibilities
- Plan, execute, and lead qualitative research initiatives
- Take ownership of current, ongoing weekly user interview sessions
- Help craft better workflows to allow qualitative research to be as painless as possible for various product teams
- Manage, organize and execute research projects using a qualitative research platform
- Ask and answer questions that no one else is thinking to ask/answer, based on patterns in research findings
- Improve the research teams capability by improving current processes and tools
- Develop and recruit strong research staff members
Life at Rev
- Degree or certification in a field of study relating to qualitative research (psychology, anthropology, user experience design)
- Passion and extreme interest in developing greater research skills and knowledge through ongoing, on-the-job training
- Experience leading research projects
- A keen eye for observation and synthesis
- Ability to work well within existing visual and UX design patterns
- Experience with management or mentorship
- Collaborate with product teams and other design team members
- Experience or aptitude for working in a fully remote/distributed manner
- Eager to learn new skills
- Strong acumen for current research tools and processes
- Strong ability to sell analysis and improvements to team members
Rev is a profitable, growth-stage startup that specializes in meeting the speech-to-text needs of hundreds of thousands of customers annually through its unmatched combination of the world's most accurate speech AI and the world's largest community of freelancers working side-by-side.
Rev's suite of products includes transcription, captioning, subtitling, as well as a live-captioning app for Zoom video conferencing. Rev also boasts seamless integrations with YouTube and Vimeo, as well as custom APIs for enterprise clients who need novel speech-to-text solutions.
Founded in 2010 by five MIT alumni, Rev has raised millions of dollars in venture capital from top Silicon Valley VCs and experienced exceptionally rapid growth, both internally and externally. Rev was recently named by Forbes as one of Americas Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies and is a destination for the world's foremost engineers and speech scientists.
Our promise is to create great work from home jobs, powered by AI. Our vision is to transcend all barriers of communication. Joining Rev means joining a team of smart, passionate, and friendly people with different backgrounds, shared ideas, and similar goals. Oh, and tons of perks!
- Get Paid: Be competitively compensated by a well-funded startup. Enjoy full benefits, options, and a 401k.
- Desk Budget & Office Equipment: Rev will provide you with a new laptop. You will also have a budget to outfit your workspace.
- Make a Difference: Be measured by your impact, not your effort. Help create real jobs for real people.
- Work Where You Want: For most roles, be free to stay at home, come to the office, or work from a coffee shop.
- Have Fun: Plan and participate in events like field day, baseball games, ski trips and happy hours.
- Stretch Yourself: Learn new skills, talk to customers, drive product improvements, or learn to design. We will push you to your limits.
We encourage and celebrate different perspectives regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, age, race, origin, religion, caregiver status, disability, ethnicity, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Multiple points of view fuel our innovation and connect us closer to Revvers, our customers and each other.
Rev is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Rev.com 's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States.