Principal User Experience Researcher - Austin, Texas
Are you driven by curiosity, moving forward, and opening new doors that lead down new paths? Are you always thinking about the next innovative product to bring to life?
Dell's Experience Innovation Group is seeking talented designers, technologists, researchers, and strategists to collaborate and develop amazing experiences for our customers. We're looking for individuals who are passionate about working in an agile, diverse, global team, who can reimagine tomorrow and deliver solutions that solve real problems.
As a team, we live to take risks, push boundaries, and stretch beyond the comfort zone - with a vision to create technologies that drive human progress.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound impact as a Principal User Experience Researcher
in Austin, Texas!OVERVIEW of Role
As a Principal User Experience Researcher
, you will be responsible for understanding and representing the user in all phases of delivering Dell Technology solutions. While collaborating with key engineering and business partners, you will plan and execute research that helps define and drive exceptional user-experiences across software products and design initiatives.You will:
Take the first step towards your dream career
- Ensure experiential designs achieve the highest level of usability, desirability, and customer satisfaction
- Help deliver an end-to-end user centered design process across some of Dell's most exciting end-user computing devices
- Work in an environment that allows you to apply cutting edge UX research and design that touches millions of users
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here's what we are looking for with this role:Essential Requirements
- MS or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Design Anthropology or another appropriate discipline plus 6+ years of industry experience conducting user and design/experience research using various methods and working in-team with developers and designers
- Experience with a broad range of research methods, data collection and analytical techniques such as survey construction/analysis, UI prototype development, usability testing, focus group facilitation, and semi-structured and unstructured observational methods and statistical/quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Ability to synthesize and summarize findings within and across studies and participants, identify key insights and opportunities, and work with designers and product owners to turn data into great user experiences
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills - verbal, written, and experience engaging with executive stakeholders, product owners, development team members, business analysts/strategists, media representatives and customers
- Ability to drive success in an engineering and technology-driven organization
Here's our story; now tell us yours
- Deep understanding of consumer and productivity computing products and trends
- Experience working on hardware/software ecosystems
- Knowledge of marketing, brand, and strategy-oriented research methods including experience with customer segmentation, user taxonomies, and persona development
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We're proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What's most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn't stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what's next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.