Wilson & Company, Inc., Engineers & Architects, a national multi-disciplined engineering and architecture consulting firm, is currently seeking a full-time Environmental Professional - Cultural Resources Specialist to join our team in either our Albuquerque or Las Cruces, New Mexico offices. This individual will work with a team of environmental professionals from across the company to conduct environmental analyses and deliver quality documents supporting our federal, state, local and tribal clients under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act, and other applicable federal and state regulations for environmental resource management.
This position will serve as a Cultural Resources Specialist with experience in Cultural Resource Management (CRM) in New Mexico, including field survey and documentation, GPS mapping, and preparation of technical documents. This position will assist in written analysis for environmental review processes, so applicants with experience conducting environmental investigations, knowledge of applicable permitting procedures, and strong scientific writing skills to aid in the preparation of technical reports is preferred. Specific tasks will include completing field surveys, documenting archaeological and historic built environment resources, preparing technical reports, and writing resource sections of larger NEPA documents. Strong writing skills are required and experience with GIS is preferred.
This position will also serve as task lead supporting NEPA Project Managers in successful execution of deliverables, which includes marketing, scope and fee developments, and management of task schedules and budgets. Coordination with clients and/or resource agencies is key to success and, therefore, strong communication skills are required. All Wilson & Company environmental staff will work collaboratively with engineering professionals in a variety of disciplines across the firm to meet project goals, and other key staff to build relationships both locally and in all states where Wilson & Company is conducting environmental project work.Essential Job Functions:
Required Skills and Experience
- Provide technical CRM expertise detailed in Job Description above.
- Serve as CRM task manager on environmental projects firmwide; coordinate with and support project managers for overall project performance and deliver projects to clients on schedule and on budget.
- Conduct archaeological and historic built environment field surveys, includes travel throughout New Mexico and occasional out-of-state travel to support a national environmental program.
- Prepare CRM technical reports.
- Collaborate on the preparation of environmental and NEPA documentation.
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with engineering professionals in a variety of disciplines across Wilson & Company to meet project goals, and other key staff to build client relationships in New Mexico and other states where Wilson & Company is conducting environmental project work.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in anthropology/archaeology, historic preservation, architectural history, or related discipline. Advanced degrees will be given due attention.
- 4+ years CRM field experience in New Mexico.
- 3+ years task management and report writing experience.
- Experience with GPS data collection technologies.
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulations and guidelines pertaining to cultural resources, including Section 106 compliance.
- Proven ability to work on a team of professionals to accomplish project and program goals.
- Task management skills with proven ability to complete work on schedule and within budget.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Why Wilson & Company?
- Experience working on various jurisdictions in New Mexico, including Navajo Nation, Pueblo lands, BLM, USFS and State Land.
- Permitted or permittable to conduct survey on New Mexico State Land, BLM, USFS, and Navajo Nation land.
- Experience documenting the historic built environment.
- Cultural resources experience in other states, particularly Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Texas, or the Midwest.
- Preparation of NEPA documents at the national, state, local and tribal level, including desktop data collection, analysis, and technical writing.
- Experience coordinating and consulting with regulatory agencies.
- Experience with ESRI software in collecting data and creating maps.
Please note that Wilson & Company is not currently sponsoring applicants for work visas.About Us:
- We value and intentionally plan for the employee experience, striving to make your day productive and valuable for you.
- We value an appropriate balance of work/personal life and intentionally forecast and resolve workload issues ahead of time.
- We practice Higher Relationships with our employees, clients, and communities that we work in to offer something more than a transactional relationship.
- We are transparent to the employees of the company, executing One Company communication all-staff meetings monthly.
- We are a mid-sized company, offering the ability to be competitive internally and externally at all levels. We compete with the smallest and largest engineering companies in the world and are successful in doing so every day.
- We value talent from all directions, focusing on collaboration as the primary way to execute work and provide more value to our clients.
Wilson & Company has a rich history of providing environmental and planning services to a diverse group of clients nationwide, and the right candidate will become part of our bright future. We provide multidisciplinary engineering, architecture, rail, surveying, mapping, environmental, and planning services, and employ staff throughout 14 offices in 9 states. The firm was founded in 1932 and provides services to a diverse client base including railroads; tribal, municipal, state, and federal agencies; energy, industrial, and commercial companies; and private developers.
The cornerstone of our success is Higher Relationships, standards in Discipline, Intensity, Collaboration, Shared Ownership, and Solutions. Discipline is doing it right, with attention to details without exception. Intensity is doing what it takes to meet and exceed expectations. Collaboration is working together and bringing out the best in each other. Shared Ownership means we adopt the goals of others as our own. Finally, Solutions are achieved in a win-win environment. We value this commitment to Higher Relationships with our employees, clients, and the communities where we live and work. And for you, our culture intends to help you achieve personal and professional success. Come grow with us!
Wilson & Company provides a comprehensive benefits package that encourages employee health and well-being. We have several options to choose from for health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, paid time off, and retirement savings plan benefits. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.