*Solutions driven success.*
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Senior UX Researcher, Technology you will be responsible for facilitating user experience (UX) kickoff meetings, planning and implementing user research activities, synthesizing qualitative/quantitative data, mentoring other members of the project team and translating research insights into actionable design recommendations. This is a hands-on role, and includes designing and documenting research plans, moderating user research sessions, and reporting findings to the project team and key stakeholders. Join our team and we'll help you build a career that will exceed your expectations.
*What you'll do on a typical day: *
* Identify opportunities for research to have a greater impact across product teams and throughout the organization
* Utilize the best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing
* Partner with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize research questions based on analysis of current knowledge, project goals and risks
* Facilitate and conduct experience mapping and service blueprint work sessions with multiple stakeholders on site and online
* Design and conduct studies that provide valid customer insights to project teams and stakeholders; translate data into results that have a clear, direct impact on design
* Perform quick but thorough data analysis to create insightful and actionable findings presentations, both verbal and written; demonstrate a willingness to advocate and escalate research insights
* Act as an internal evangelist for design and user research
*What you need to succeed at XPO: *
At a minimum, you'll need:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
* 2 years of product research, early discovery and post-discovery experience, working closely with UX design and product/engineering teams on gathering and implementing research recommendations
* Demonstrated end-to-end qualitative and quantitative research skills
* Experience conducting rapid user research techniques to answer key business questions
It'd be great if you also have:
* Bachelor's or master's degree in Cognitive/Experimental Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Cognitive Human Factors or a related field
* 5 years of product research, early discovery and post-discovery experience
* 3 years of B2B and B2C product research experience in a lean UX environment and with agile/scrum development cycle
* 2 years of experience working as the primary investigator on a project
* A portfolio that includes examples of leading strategic research with significant business outcomes
* Experience working across the full product life cycle, from early generative research, to product ship, to market UX research
* Experience in survey design (e.g., Qualtrics, Survey Monkey)
* Working knowledge of statistics and experimental design
*Be part of something big.*
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review XPO's candidate privacy statement [here.]("https://jobs.xpo.com/content/English-US-Privacy-Statement/")