IQVIA provides scientific services spanning clinical trials, real world evidence, and consulting in all areas of the product lifecycle. The Patient Centered Solutions (PCS) team leads the industry in breadth and depth of Clinical Outcomes Assessment (COA) and Patient Reported Outcomes (PRO) knowledge. Our diverse team of experts works together to develop, deploy, and validate psychometric instruments that capture the patient experience with their treatment or disease, analyze and interpret outcomes, and translate the information to advance the initiatives of life science companies.
Individuals joining us are assured of a rewarding and progressive career in life sciences consulting. You'll have the opportunity to address challenging client issues, across multiple geographies with a hands-on influence in delivering solutions. We operate in a truly multi-cultural, collegial, and collaborative work environment that is rich in development and growth.
Role & Responsibilities
As a Scientific Advisor/Consultant you will be actively participating in the design, development, and delivery of consulting projects or components of larger, complex projects. Both consulting skills and understanding of life science methodologies are needed to fulfil the responsibilities of the role, which include:
- Leveraging business experience and acumen in identifying strategic alternatives and project approach to client questions
- Conducting primary and secondary PCS research, such as interviewing patients and clinical experts, reviewing published literature, and searching databases of trials and measures Performing quantitative or qualitative analysis to assist in the identification of client issues and the development of client deliverables
- Develop qualitative coding frameworks and codebooks and conduct qualitative coding
- Supporting the development of intellectual property for use on future engagements
- Creating sections of reports, presentations, workshops and other client deliverables, under general guidance from experienced team leaders
- Communicating findings and recommendations to project teams and to clients
- Assisting with business development and proposals
Other responsibilities include:
- Developing broad knowledge of related consulting methodologies and pharmaceutical market through the delivery of consulting engagements and participation in formal and informal learning opportunities
- Further developing a diverse set of scientific research skills
- Leading some learning, development, and recruiting programs
PCS undertakes a diverse set of research activities and there is a particular need for support in some methodological approaches. Experience in one or more of the following areas are desirable:
- Qualitative research - including developing discussion guides, conducting interviews/focus groups, coding and analyzing qualitative data using qualitative analysis software
- Preference research - including developing vignettes, conducting stated/revealed preference research and analyzing preference data
- Patient-Reported Outcome (PRO) research - including developing PRO questionnaires, and psychometrically assessing and interpreting PRO data
- Medical and technical writing - including writing abstracts and manuscripts for publication, and developing regulatory and payer/HTA submission documents
Essential Experience, Skills and Education Required
- Demonstrable analytical, interpretative, and problem-solving skills and the ability to learn quickly, adapt and apply new knowledge
- At least 2+ years' experience in consulting within the pharmaceutical, healthcare and/or related industry
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in (public health, epidemiology, psychology, sociology, medical anthropology, health economics or similar); advanced degree highly preferred
- Minimum of 1+ years' project management experience
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presentations, workshop facilitation, business and report writing
- Strong capability in juggling priorities so that deadlines are met while retaining consistently high-quality outcomes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work with individuals at all levels within the organization and build remote relationships
- Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent conversational and business English (written and oral); additional languages an advantage
- A willingness and ability to travel
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
IQVIA is a world leader in using data, technology, advanced analytics, and expertise to help customers drive healthcare - and human health - forward. Together with the companies we serve, we are enabling a more modern, more effective and more efficient healthcare system, and creating breakthrough solutions that transform business and patient outcomes.
To get there, it takes diverse skills and a curiosity to explore new possibilities. No matter your role, everyone at IQVIA, including our colleagues at Q² Solutions, contributes to our shared goal of improving human health. Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled