WestLand Resources Inc.
is actively seeking Archaeology Field Technicians
to perform Class III surveys and data recovery excavation work in the field. Work will be on-call/project-specific for our Arizona locations but may also include work in New Mexico. Per diem and single-occupancy hotel rooms will be provided for out-of-town work. The successful candidates can be based out of either WestLand's Phoenix
office. When you join WestLand
, you join a growing, employee-owned company with a reputation for providing high-quality results and excellent service.Qualifications
- Associates Degree or higher in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field. Prior on-the-job archeology experience may substitute for educational requirements.
- Previous experience in archaeology.
- Ability to conduct fieldwork for long hours in a desert environment featuring extreme temperatures, rough terrain and potential high altitudes.
- Ability to carry up to 60 pounds of equipment and supplies.
- Ability to bend and kneel for long periods of time.
- Ability to travel out of town for work throughout the Southwest, often on short notice and for extended periods (paid drive time, per diem and hotel provided).
- Reliable personal transportation to WestLand offices or local field sites.
- Ability to work as a member of a cohesive team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and creative environment.
- Under direction of a field supervisor, conduct archaeological field work (field survey, testing, monitoring and data recovery excavations).
- Under direction of field supervisor, record artifacts, features and other manifestations using Trimble GIS, map archaeological features and sites, draw scaled profiles and plans, and maintain paperwork, notes and records.
- Process and catalog artifacts and other materials under lab staff supervision.
- Perform preliminary analysis and lab tasks under lab staff supervision.
- File and scan records and paperwork.
- Complete record searches and report tables under supervision of senior staff.
, our purpose is to sustain a friendly, inspired company, where dedicated people work together to create exceptional outcomes. We pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is relaxed and collaborative, while supporting the highest standards for project delivery and work product quality. Our team approach to both project and staff development naturally fosters a tight-knit environment of uniquely skilled and experienced professionals, learning from and helping one another.Westland
is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite applications from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To learn more about WestLand Resources, please visit our website at www.WestLandresources.com
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Job Posted by ApplicantPro