Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, governance and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. Position Location:
Chevy Chase, MarylandPosition Summary:
Creative Associates seeks a personable and highly motivated intern to support the Economic Growth team in business development efforts and our food security and rural livelihoods program in Honduras. The intern is expected to work either remotely or from Creative's headquarters 24 hours per week for a period of six months. Spanish and English language skills are required for this position.
If you are currently completing your undergraduate or graduate degree program and are ready to kickstart your career in international development and build real-world experience with a leading international development firm, this is the internship for you.Reporting:
This position will report to the Senior Program Manager for Business Development, or a designee. Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and document findings on socio-economic country contexts for countries of interest;
- Conduct competitor analyses for specific new business opportunities;
- Review past reports and toolkits and create synthesis reports;
- Attend and participate in strategy and design meetings, and document progress;
- Develop or contribute to presentations for knowledge sharing and technical design sessions; and
- Support the Program Associate with administrative tasks.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Collaborate with the Honduras program team and the Creative Lab on the development of interactive maps;
- Support in the development and finalization of knowledge projects outlining lessons learned and successful implementation strategies; and
- Translate key strategic documents from Spanish to English as needed.
- Current student in Bachelor's (final year) or Master's Degree program majoring or concentrating in international development, international relations, economics, anthropology, sociology, women's and gender studies, agriculture, political science, public administration, social work, or other related topics;
- Academic course work conducted in relevant content areas;
- Strong interest, experience and capabilities in research;
- Working proficiency in Spanish;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Motivated, self-directed problem-solver with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Able to take direction and work both independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to prioritize tasks while working remotely;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment; and
- Passion for and commitment to supporting underserved communities around the world.
- Experience working in a leading international development firm;
- Opportunity to support an active program in Honduras and other developing countries;
- Chance to meaningfully engage in business development efforts;
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with experienced international development professionals; and
- Networking and learning opportunities
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (gender/race/disability/veteran) and provides equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please view Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.