Microsoft aspires to empower every developer to be successful building applications and services, using any platform. The Azure Developer Experience team within Developer Division (DevDiv), is working to ensure that Azure is the best cloud for every developer.
We are looking for a product management leader to guide and grow a team of Product Managers who are focused on the Azure SDKs. This leader will drive product management discipline for SDKs built around scenarios that cover the breadth of Azure. They will also build and run programs that holistically look at the different elements of making Azure services delightful and productive for all kinds of developers and applications.
This is an opportunity for you to make a significant impact and help drive the bottom line of one of Microsoft's largest and fastest growing businesses.
The Azure SDK has grown to have hundreds of components that developers use to connect their applications and services to Azure. Whether you are using services like Storage, Key Vault, Event Hubs, or Azure AI, these libraries and tools are used by developers worldwide to leverage Azure's vast array of features in their language of choice. The Azure SDK team is expanding with the purpose of streamlining the way all these components are architected and of creating a seamless, consistent, and idiomatic programmability experience for developers using the Azure platform. We are a tight-knit team of customer centric, energetic, data-driven product managers.
This role offers the perfect mix of technical plus business and product development. We like to think that our job is half anthropology - studying how developers use their tools, and half craftsmanship - refining the workflows to ensure that we're optimizing every second of the developers' workflow. If this sounds interesting to you, come join us! This role is open to remote work in PST friendly time zones.
This position requires both a deep understanding of cloud customers and significant technical depth as we engage with many Azure service teams to deliver our platform together.
Your day-to-day work will include:
- Partnering with PM and engineering counterparts in the Azure service teams to deliver a unified SDK for Azure
- Driving programs that help to enforce developer experience guidelines across the Azure platform.
- Partnering with Developer Advocates, Documentation, UX Research, and engineering to deliver a delightful developer experience across the breadth of Azure.
- Conducting user research, customer development, market research, and competitive analysis
- Defining and manage the end-to-end developer experience around SDKs for each Azure service
If you are passionate about the developer ecosystem, open source, and the cloud, this is the role for you! Come join a highly diverse and collaborative team as we make Azure features more accessible to developers through the SDKs and tools we deliver.
The ideal person for this role would have the breadth of context on what developers are trying to build with the cloud along with depth necessary to speak to the shortcomings of the developer experience across the major cloud service providers. They would set the vision for the team, define and enable key metrics and OKRs, demonstrate management excellence and build strong partnerships.
- 8+ years of total professional experience
- 5+ years of experience as a technical product manager, program manager, or in developer relations
- 3+ years of experience with developer platforms and SDKs
- 3+ years of management experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Design, Software Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- Proven track record in cross collaboration helping teams drive towards common goals
- Demonstrated technical problem solving and communication skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with rapidly changing requirements
- Proven track record for defining process improvements leading to demonstrable business results
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence multiple stakeholders across functions (PM, engineering) and organizations
- Strong data-driven decision making with ability to impact and influence business decisions across boundaries, often in ambiguous situations
- Deep empathy for developers as your key customer
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work