Do you like a good mystery? Always searching for the true meaning of things? We do too!
A career at Ipsos promises deep immersion into smart, industry leading research techniques designed to reveal meaning, relevance, and a deeper understanding of the world around us.
Here's the pitch : Ipsos UU is the world's largest qualitative firm and the only truly independent voice among the leading research brands. While many know us for our political polling, the majority of our business is in other areas - media and advertising, brand marketing, product innovation and customer engagement. Ipsos is a prodigious generator of information, converting consumer behavior into a comprehensive understanding for our clients.
Cool, what's in it for me? Lots! You'll get a chance to work with some of the world's biggest companies, helping to solve their biggest problems and represent the voice of the people. You'll work and collaborate with other brilliant people. You'll co-create the future of our industry because innovation runs deep in our veins.Associate Moderator
Ok, tell me about the role! As an Associate Moderator you will work alongside an experienced Moderator to consult, design, propose, direct, conduct, and analyze qualitative market research projects for our clients. In this role, you will receive hands-on training and mentorship designed to set you on your way to a career as an experienced Moderator. We are looking for individuals who will grow with us! If you consider yourself creative and passionate with a drive to understand human behavior, please apply. We want people who are flexible, innovative thinkers motivated to learn an amazing craft, and embark on an exciting career! Note: this position can be based anywhere, and we have offices locations in Chicago, Cincinnati, Norwalk, NYC, Culver City, Seattle or San Francisco.Key Responsibilities
Qualities of the Ideal Candidate:
- Work closely with clients in order to under their business and research needs.
- Work with senior moderators to define research objectives and recommend appropriate research methodologies or products and support report writing.
- Work collaboratively with internal business development team to meet client needs.
- Summarize project specifications and collaborate with our Project Directors on proposal/screener creation and logistical setup.
- Review proposals and eventually author your own proposals for clients and modify design as necessary.
- Develop discussion guides for research, utilizing techniques that help elicit relevant and meaningful insights for the client team; develop associated templates, listening guides and other materials necessary for research.
- Lead/Moderate interview sessions with consumers while incorporating client feedback.
- Analyze and synthesize research findings into insightful and actionable recommendations brought to life in final reports and presentations for client teams.
- Contribute to building our company's qualitative research practices and processes by participating in company initiatives to develop improved research techniques and sharing learnings to build overall knowledge.
- Ability to travel up to 2-3 days per week conducting on-site research in North America and potentially global facilities.
- Additional time spent in client meetings and report writing from a home office.
- Adventurous! When someone mentions travel, you're ready to pack your bags (when travel resumes).
- Incorporate in-field learning experiences in order to exude confidence when taking on new challenges.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and comfortable with a 100% variable compensation model, knowing that it can be quite lucrative (yes, this position is eligible for benefits coverage).
- Self-motivated and self-driven and can work independently and also within a de-centralized team.
- Adaptive, like a chameleon, willing to take on whatever is needed, seeing it as a personal and professional growth opportunity.
- Mad Improv skills; ok, if not mad skills, then at least you like Improv, and able to think on your feet.
- Bachelor's degree is required and a business like mind set it a plus. Areas of focus can span from Marketing to Performing Arts to Social Sciences (Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience working in the marketing, advertising agency, or market research industry from either the client or supplier side; And, we are open to those who are innovative creatives with strong client service skills.
- Working knowledge of qualitative market research or passion to learn the field.
- Ability to ask probing questions creatively and strategically.
- A discussion leader with exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
- Ability to distill information into actionable deliverables that tell a complete and engaging story.
- Willingness to travel both in North America and globally when travel resumes.
Want to know more about the IUU division at Ipsos? Ipsos Understanding UnLtd. (IUU) offers highly innovative, well-integrated qualitative research, and ideation services to a wide variety of clients. With extensive market research and marketing experience, powerful proprietary techniques, and a strong commitment to understanding client needs, IUU is uniquely qualified to design and deliver research to help clients understand and grow their business.
Ipsos is the world's third largest market research company, present in 90 markets and employing more than 18,000 people. Our passionately curious research professionals, analysts and scientists have built unique multi-specialist capabilities that provide true understanding and powerful insights into the actions, opinions and motivations of citizens, consumers, patients, customers or employees. We serve more than 5000 clients across the world with 75 business solutions.
Founded in France in 1975, Ipsos is listed on the Euronext Paris since July 1st, 1999. The company is part of the SBF 120 and the Mid-60 index and is eligible for the Deferred Settlement Service (SRD).
ISIN code FR0000073298, Reuters ISOS.PA, Bloomberg IPS:FP www.ipsos.com
Ipsos is An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected class and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.