Located in Northwest ArkansasThis posting will be used to fill multiple positions
The Research Program Manager
is responsible for ensuring delegation, management, productivity, and quality of research or evaluation related activities with the Office of Community Health and Research at UAMS Northwest. S/He manages data, research or evaluation quality processes; ensures that team members are following established policies and practices; and is responsible for managing written reports and manuscripts related to the research and evaluation projects.
This position requires in- and out-of-state travel (20%).
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving the health, health care, and well-being of Arkansans. UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate with experience.
- Oversees written reports, analysis, and ensures accuracy and quality of research or evaluation reports.
- Delegates and manages team members responsible for analyzing, writing, editing of research or evaluation related reports and manuscripts.
- Designs, implements, and manages the processes and procedures for quality assurance of research or evaluation related activities for multiple research projects.
- Works with research and program directors and managers to review reports and ensure data and evaluation quality.
- Ensures best practices for management of research or evaluation related activities.
- Works directly with the investigators and staff to develop and implement process improvement practices.
- Trains team members on practices and policies and ensures that processes are operationalized.
- Provides feedback to team members on areas of improvement.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in one of the social or behavioral sciences such as psychology, social work, public health, sociology, anthropology, health science or related field plus five (5) years of experience in program/project management, research, administration, administrative, or similar field
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint)
- Valid AR drivers' license
- Reliable transportation with valid/current liability insurance for moderate travel to UAMS in Little Rock, AR and surrounding communities (mileage reimbursed at the current state mileage reimbursement rate), if a state vehicle is not available
- Report writing and evaluation experience
- Occasional out-of-state travel required
- Masters Degree in one of the social or behavioral sciences such as psychology, social work, public health, sociology, anthropology, health science or related field
- Previous supervisory experience is a plus
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 26 - 50 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Frequently
Taste or smell: Occasionally
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Frequently
Physical Environment: Inside Office Environment
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Color discrimination, Depth perception, Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity