... Join our team and make the world better for developers!
We are building the Developer Relations dream team in Azure engineering. Our global team is maniacal about making the world amazing for developers of all backgrounds. We're excited to support and contribute to open source platforms, tools, and processes. We're spreading awareness of Azure and enabling developers to do what they love; write, code, and learn.
This is the heart and soul of reinventing Microsoft's relationship with developers. Sound exciting? This is your opportunity to join and be a key part of our mission! Learn more here: www.aka.ms/meettheteam
In the Partner and Seller (PSX) organization, we are developing products that will revolutionize how Partners and Sellers interact with Microsoft to grow their business through transformative user experiences.
We are looking for an exceptional UX Researcher with the ability to conduct a range of formative and iterative research methods impacting both product direction and detailed experience designs. You will be joining a team of talented UX Researchers and Designers whose charter is to design end-to-end experiences for all Partners and Seller that are useful, usable, and desirable. In this role, you will work in a highly collaborative environment with design, engineering, and business teams across the organization to help make customer-driven decisions. Your work will happen in the context of a lean and agile development environment supporting the release cadence of teams as well as helping define the strategic direction of products. This is a unique opportunity to grow in your career during this period of transformation.
We are a team of diverse styles, voices and views reflecting the diversity of our customers, and giving us the empathy to serve their needs. Nurturing and continuously evolving this culture are our shared responsibility, because we create better products together. We believe designing in the open empowers us all to move fast and build experiences without seams. We share, we jam, we collaborate. We re-use rather than reinvent. We contribute to each other's work to make it better. We work in small, interdisciplinary teams to ensure we build experiences that are inclusive, efcient, and delightful. We create to think, we prototype and test. We build both category-leading apps, and seamlessly connected experiences across them.
- Define product and audience direction and impact and the engineering roadmap using market and customer data (qualitative and quantitative).
- Key to this accountability will be identifying opportunities for growth, gaps and customer pain points, as well as potential customer delighters.
- Build and execute impactful research plansthat provide the broad market views and deep customer insights needed to impact strategy and UX.
- Derive insights from quantitative and qualitative data, complementing other research that you will conduct on your own or in partnership with other researchers.
- Define and measure UX approaches, metrics, and work with core stakeholders on research planning. Innovate and develop new approaches to measure users'experiences.
- Land impact broadly from your customer-focused knowledge by working across multiple organizations and their respective engineering, design and marketing teams.
- Act internally as a customer advocate.
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying customer satisfaction concerns,and managing customer expectations.
- Experience with large scale cross-org outreach, teaching,and training.
- Passion for learning new technologies and understanding the needs of diverse users.
- Proven record of having an impact on products withuser research and designactivities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present your work to peers acrossdisciplines.
- Comfortable and enthusiastic about working in a complex productspace.
- 5 years of experience in the technology industry conductinguser research, with a proven track record of driving tangible outcomes with product teams.
- Educational qualification that is either an advanced degree in Psychology, User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Social sciences or related fields, with significant industry experience.
- Strong understanding of and experience with a broad range of research methodologies, their pros/cons and their application during different phases of product development.
- Track record of collaborating across disciplines (design, engineering) to drive change into products; must be able to work independently as well as part of a cohesive team.
- A portfolio reviewpresentation isrequiredto interview for this. role.Yourpresentationshouldcommunicate your workexperience anddemonstrateyour research and communicationskills.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.