Avantus Federal, a NewSpring Holdings Company, is a mission-focused services and solutions company headquartered in McLean, VA. Drawing upon its heritage companies' histories of consistent growth and high performance in the federal services market, Avantus ensures eminence is earned, sustained and grown.
Avantus' services and solutions are designed, tailored, and executed based on our long history of helping our Homeland Security, Defense, Intelligence, and Federal Civilian customers solve complex challenges. Our capabilities include Project & Portfolio Management, Facilities, Acquisition & Sustainment, Systems Engineering Technical Services, Operations & Analysis, Transformation & Advisory Services, Data & Software Solutions, Digital Innovation, and Augmented Intelligence.
We are searching for Russian Linguists/Socio-Cultural Analyst with Proficiency level of 4 required in speaking, reading, and writing to support our USCYBERCOM customer.
- Conducts all-source analytic production of socio-cultural elements within a region, human terrain, and human geography. Analysis includes, but is not limited, to religious, linguistic, ethnic, social, tribal, and occupational domains with respect to geography and resources to characterize the dynamics of groups of people worldwide.
- Incorporates expertise sociology, cultural anthropology, demography, psychology, geography, economics, and political science.
- Performs as language specialist at the native level providing accurate reading, writing, speaking skills, as well as provide cultural understanding regarding geopolitical, economic and social issues.
- Conducts research, HUMINT intelligence collection and analysis.
- Provides accurate written gists, translations of transcripts, video and audio sources, from the target language to English and vice versa while preserving the original meaning and intent of the original source.
- Devises and advise new methods of target language research and exploitation of information and determine the most effective methods for presenting and disseminating the information.
- Possesses expertise in network defense principles and the intricacies of establishing network infrastructure for worldwide connectivity, to include hardware and software.
- Current TS/SCI Clearance with CI poly, or ability to obtain poly prior to start date #AvantusClearedJob
- "Native Level" is defined as first/second generation speaking ability to understand current vernacular, colloquialisms, and terminology (Proficiency level of 4 required in speaking, reading, and writing).
- Required to follow the Executive Order 14042 mandate regarding COVID vaccination and client requirements to ensure compliance.
- Current DoD TS/SCI clearance with CI poly
Avantus Federal is an equal opportunity employer and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) federal contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other category protected by law. Avantus hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.