Senior UX Researcher
Palo Alto, CA, United StatesAbout Yohana:
Yohana is on a mission to help people find more balance and prioritize well-being. We create integrated software, services, and hardware specifically for modern families, to alleviate their mental load so they can feel present and connected. We are a fully funded independent subsidiary of Panasonic, one of the oldest purpose-driven brands in the world, with leadership from big tech (Google, Apple, Microsoft) as well as hypergrowth startups (Nest, Waymo, Casper).
First up is our Yohana Membership, which just launched in Seattle. It's a personal assistant service designed for busy families - especially moms - to help lighten the mental load of having too much to do. It's the first of many meaningful things we're working on.
We're building a positive, supportive culture from the ground up, where individuals and teams grow together. Maybe you should join us.Description
As a Senior UX Researcher you will work with a small team of designers and engineers to build new apps, services, and hardware from the ground-up. You will help us stay focused on the user. In this role, you will create understanding and empathy around user needs, stated and unstated. You will do so by conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users through methods like field visits, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, and logs analysis. Your research will help us create useful, usable, and delightful new products and features for people. You'll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual presentations on your findings.You will collaborate to solve complex problems and craft intuitive, beautiful, and useful experiences.
In addition to executing research fundamentals flawlessly, you will help create workflows and processes for a dynamic, fast-moving, agile company to ensure the creation of high quality, high performance, scalable software. Responsibilities
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs and online experiments (A/B testing).
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and other UXRs to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations.
- Define and guide team UX processes, methods, and culture to drive collaboration and innovation.
What We Offer:
- 5+ years of experience conducting impactful research in an applied product setting
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience. Preferred: Master's degree or PhD in a related field.
- Experience with research design utilizing various methods including but not limited to usability studies, contextual inquiry, and surveys.
- Experience in a variety of product spaces, applied research and/or academic settings.
- Proficiency in communicating user research findings with cross functional partners to drive impact.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Strong understanding of UI/UX best practices.
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Total Well Being Program