United States of America - New Jersey, Burlington - NJ
- Performs a variety of tasks in support of project staff.
- May gather and maintain specified records of scientific data for supervisor, including but not limited to environmental sampling, operations and maintenance and inspections at client sites.
- Other activities may include assisting with calculations, setting up and operating equipment, inspecting equipment and installations for compliance with specifications and maintaining proper project documentation.
- Collects and enters data, and applies technical principles and theories under supervision.
- High school + 2 years of experience in archaeological fieldwork and analysis or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- BA or BS in Anthropology or a related field or a minimum of 1 year of experience in archaeological fieldwork and analysis or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience; must have successfully completed an accredited archaeological field school.
- The candidate will be well versed in standard archaeological techniques to include the excavation of shovel test pits and test units for all phases of archaeological investigations. The candidate must be prepared for field and office tasks.
- Field staff must have the ability to communicate clearly and work well with others.
- Field projects could be located anywhere in the US, and travel will be required. Valid Driver's License with a good driving record and flexibility to travel overnight and out of state for up to 3+ months at a time.
- GPS data collection, Total Station, digital field data collection (ArcCollector, Survey123, Fulcrum, or comparable), MS Office, MS Access
- MA in Anthropology or a related field and ideally 2+ years of experience in archaeological fieldwork, supervision, and analysis or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience; must have successfully completed an accredited archaeological field school.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Sciences
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Part-time Variable
Requisition/Vacancy No. 246449BR
Additional Locations US - Chelmsford, MA - 250 Apollo Drive
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.